Help.. I'm puzzled! PLEASE READ!!!!!!

wapbat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I opened a credit card account last year with Capital 1.

My partner lost her job not long after and having to borrow everything on the credit card just to make ends meet proved to be the saviour of the day. However, when she could not find work (I didn’t take out the payment protection thing – it’s OK, I’ve had plenty of I told you so’s). My £1000 limit was stretched and found out I could not make the monthly payments. I entered an arrangement with Cap 1 to pay an amount each week to bring my overspend down. It ended up just shy of £1400.

I saw the ‘TONIGHT’ programme about unfair charges and thought ‘yeah, I’ll give it a go, got nowt to lose’.

That was some 3 weeks ago. They replied this morning (24/6/2006) offering me £128 and I have to pay a further £50 to get some control on the account. They did say they do not agree with the OFT and everything they are doing is within the legal parameters of the law. Somehow, this cuts no ice with me.

What I am after is some advice on what to do next as I think I am being sent down the river here. Anything will be useful and very much appreciated.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Thanks

The best advice I can offer is for you to have a good read of the FAQ's, and the step-by-step guide. Then spend a couple of days reading through the Capital One forum, and familiarising yourself with the process.

The reply they have given is the standard fob-off letter.

Thanks, Alan. I cetainly will. I thought tht their letter may be a 'fob off'. I'll actually post the whole contents off the letter either today or tomorrow, obviously withouy the account no's or my full name and address. ;)

Is it from Robert Udy?

If so, you will find numerous examples on the forum. Of course with the number of claims he is having to deal with, it is possible that he may eventually be given an assistant!! :lol: