k65 v nationwide ccs and charles howard

k65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i closed an account at nationwide in 2003/4 now theres 500 quid charges on it.

i S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d nw and recieved a a4 sheet of paper showing the charges nothing more as this cost me ten quid i have now complained to the Information Commissioners Office to get the proper paperwork.

i have been getting hassle from the monkeys at ccs and i have had some fun playing with them on the phone,but today recieved a very nice letter from charles howard and partners since 1975, so i sent them a nice letter

Charles Howard and partners (ccs collections)

2nd Floor, 797 London Road,

Thornton Heath,

Surrey,

CR7 6YY

Your ref ooooo 03/10/07

Dear Sir.

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 2 October 2007 and submit this letter by return.

Firstly although I am aware you are part of ccs debt collection who have treated me most rudely and aggressively and will receive the same in return, however I am prepared to discuss this issue with you by way of letter unfortunately for you there will be no different outcome.

I will explain to you in as much detail, my position on this matter and allow you to make any decision you feel necessary, but I will not pay you, ccs or nationwide one single penny for the reasons I will explain.

Firstly

This account is in dispute and has been for several years as the charges were levied on the account after it was closed therefore, as this account was in dispute when it was sold/assigned to you, I understand that neither you, nor the original provider, should be pursuing me, or perhaps you would clarify under which legal grounds you feel you are acting in continuing to pursue.

Secondly

On the 28th April 2007 I wrote to Nationwide and requested statements and information held with regards to the data protection act, (copy enclosed) and stated if I discover that they have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

This was responded to with a single a4 sheet of paper listing charges totaling £0000 (copy enclosed) this is not complying with the data protection act and on the 24th June 2007 I wrote to Nationwide giving them 7 days for them to send the required information,(copy enclosed) unfortunately I failed to keep to my time limit and have since filed a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office with regards Nationwide, together with a formal complaint against ccs to the trading standards with a copy of this letter at their local office

Trading Standards

Mid Surrey Area Office

Bay Tree Avenue

Kingston Road

Leatherhead

Surrey, KT22 7SY

As you should not be pursuing a disputed debt.

Thirdly

Take notice I will vigorously defend any court claim you may decide to take, with a counter claim for £0000 plus subject access request fee £10.00 plus costs.

Therefore I would like to give you the opportunity to do the right thing and send this account back to your client and inform them it is against the law for you to pursue this debt, as I’m sure you know.

Furthermore please make it known to the telephone monkeys, that I record all my calls both incoming at outgoing and I will keep records of all text messages sent, as evidence of harassment should you fail to comply with my request.

When I receive the paperwork from nationwide, as I’m positive I will now I have complained to the Information Commissioner’s Office. I will contact them direct and offer them the chance to close the account with a nil balance, should they fail, I will complain to the Financial Services Authority and the Banking Ombudsman, and action through the court if necessary to recover the disproportionate charges.

I hope with the information supplied, you will see, this is not a case with which you will see any success and your time would be better spent hounding some weaker member of society.

Yours sincerely,

K65 since 1965 posted 04/10/07 recorded delivery number DL00000000000B

lets see what they say

Charles Howard and partners (ccs collections)

2nd Floor, 797 London Road,

Thornton Heath,

Surrey,

CR7 6YY

Your ref ooooo 03/10/07

Dear Sir.

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 2 October 2007 and submit this letter by return.

Firstly although I am aware you are part of ccs debt collection who have treated me most rudely and aggressively and will receive the same in return, however I am prepared to discuss this issue with you by way of letter unfortunately for you there will be no different outcome.

I will explain to you in as much detail, my position on this matter and allow you to make any decision you feel necessary, but I will not pay you, ccs or nationwide one single penny for the reasons I will explain.

Firstly

This account is in dispute and has been for several years as the charges were levied on the account after it was closed therefore, as this account was in dispute when it was sold/assigned to you, I understand that neither you, nor the original provider, should be pursuing me, or perhaps you would clarify under which legal grounds you feel you are acting in continuing to pursue.

Secondly

On the 28th April 2007 I wrote to Nationwide and requested statements and information held with regards to the data protection act, (copy enclosed) and stated if I discover that they have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

This was responded to with a single a4 sheet of paper listing charges totaling £0000 (copy enclosed) this is not complying with the data protection act and on the 24th June 2007 I wrote to Nationwide giving them 7 days for them to send the required information,(copy enclosed) unfortunately I failed to keep to my time limit and have since filed a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office with regards Nationwide, together with a formal complaint against ccs to the trading standards with a copy of this letter at their local office

Trading Standards

Mid Surrey Area Office

Bay Tree Avenue

Kingston Road

Leatherhead

Surrey, KT22 7SY

As you should not be pursuing a disputed debt.

Thirdly

Take notice I will vigorously defend any court claim you may decide to take, with a counter claim for £0000 plus subject access request fee £10.00 plus costs.

Therefore I would like to give you the opportunity to do the right thing and send this account back to your client and inform them it is against the law for you to pursue this debt, as I’m sure you know.

Furthermore please make it known to the telephone monkeys, that I record all my calls both incoming at outgoing and I will keep records of all text messages sent, as evidence of harassment should you fail to comply with my request.

When I receive the paperwork from nationwide, as I’m positive I will now I have complained to the Information Commissioner’s Office. I will contact them direct and offer them the chance to close the account with a nil balance, should they fail, I will complain to the Financial Services Authority and the Banking Ombudsman, and action through the court if necessary to recover the disproportionate charges.

I hope with the information supplied, you will see, this is not a case with which you will see any success and your time would be better spent hounding some weaker member of society.

Yours sincerely,

K65 since 1965 posted 04/10/07 recorded delivery number DL00000000000B