Richard Spud

nuke em

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok i know i am new on here but i have a question, Richard Spud's posts are often "quoted" on the threads, many times with glowing praise, so how come all his posts have been deleted ? did he do it , if so why or were they removed ? same question again , why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity, i would have liked to have read them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

-

Obviously someone upset him this is posted on his name

I was unaware until recently that my presence in CAG has caused some Members to suffer a degree of paranoia. Furthermore, I am disappointed somewhat to learn that apparently I am mistrusted by some. I apologise for any upset caused, as this was not my intention.

I have enjoyed my time contributing to various threads and I take this opportunity to thank those from whom I have learned so much.

I wish all CAG Members and Moderators the very best of success for the future with the very worthwhile endeavours that the good people of CAG undertake in empowering the Consumer Collective.

Regards – Richard Spud

Signing off: 24/06/2007

I think a few people wondered who he was and what he was getting up to as he appeared to be highly educated and had great knowledge within the field. It's a shame he left, there could well be an underlying reason behind it that I'm not privvy to.

The Spud was very informative and obviously knew a lot more about Consumer law than most. He was obviously very well educated, and was willing to help anyone. He didn't have a debt problem himself, but had suffered a bit of financial damage through losses on the stock market and a few bad investments, and he was familiar with the tactics of the DCA's and was appalled by it. He started accepting PM's which no doubt kept him very busy, but he obtained a huge number of 'green pips' in a very short space of time - something which may have contributed to his 'downfall'.

My theory on the post removal, is that he did reveal at one point that he was involved in collating a report on credit and the credit industry and it's effect on society and economy etc at a high level, not just as a hobby, and by doing so he left himself vulnerable to identification and became an easy target for the occasional cranks we get here ie DCA employees/excusers. It was obvious to anyone who corresponded with him he was no ordinary "Joe Public". More of a bad guy, who'd joined the goodies

It's a shame he went, but I guess he did so for his own 'safety', if that's the right word, because his last public post hinted at the fact he felt he had introduced a feeling of paranoia amongst some of the members. I suspect that some started to question his motives, instead of accepting the solid legal and common sense advice he could give in any situation.

I thought he might return under a different guise - but if he has, he's kept himself well concealed this time!!

PS I'm assuming "He", but Richard Spud could possibly have been "She"

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Thanks for that DannyBoy

...still would have to love to read his posts though....

-

I do know that he was collating information about certain DCA's and their disregard for legal procedure and process, but his departure came as somewhat of a shock.

I would happily of worked with him to secure his goals.

The whole financial industry is due for a MAJOR shack up and I believe that RS was working towards this.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

hell if that's the case , i would have gladly worked for him as well!

-

yes it appears he will be missed

-

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I saw a thread yesterday where she got reprimanded for asking someone to send the paperwork to her home address and payment to cover the cost of the legal papers she needed to send back. Absolute madness to ban her as she was genuinely trying to use her knowledge to help members. Didn't realise CAG came under the guise of a totalitarian state!

Me tooo, i cant believe it, laiste was a valuable source of information, and if correct that she has been banned then well, i cannot believe it thats complete madness

I know Laiste and I didn't always see eye to eye on things, but to ban her seems a bit extreme. It's very easy for things to be taken out of context on here at times... I doubt that she's been banned, but taken the decision to leave the forums herself. She hasn't doesn't anything to warrant a ban.... Electric Lemon has since updated the thread to state that they'd already been in touch this way.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks