Scotcall Doorstep Challenge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just had a nice lady from Scotcall come knocking on my door for a debt to CapitalOne.

Ive not had a Capital One card since 1997,but this woman says capital one have passed the debt on to them.

I told the nice lady to show me a signed credit agreement between myself and capital one to prove i owed them money.Of course she couldnt but says they have it at the office.I of course requested that she ring and get them to send me a copy.

Will this debt still stand after 10 Years and should I pay Scotcall a penny.

Any Advice

Chris:)

If you have not made any payments towards the account... or made a written acknowledgement of it within the past 6 years.... then it's statute-barred.

Is this the first time you've heard from Scotcall ? With any luck, it will also be the last... seeing as she seemed aware of what you were asking for anyway.

:)

And if you inform Scotcall of such, they will be in breach of OFT guidelines on unfair business practice if they continue to attempt enforcement.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I also thought they are not allowed to turn up on your doorstep without letting you know first.

I would have personally removed her from my land!!

HAK

It's against OFT rules to turn up without giving adequate notice - I assume she didn't - therefore would report her to the OFT.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Send Scotcall a stat barred letter while you are at it:

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter M.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

It sounds like a new tactic to me - they don't send the scary men in leather jackets anymore but a nice lady. What a job to have:(

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

If you have not made any payments towards the account... or made a written acknowledgement of it within the past 6 years.... then it's statute-barred.

:)

Sorry to be pedantic. Its not the last six years. Its six years from the last payment or since any written acknowledgement was made.

Im sure thats what you meant;)

• Haha 1

BoyBoyNova . hey man you can borrow my 2 GSD's, They loooooove the ladies :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"