rozramsay -v- BOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading through the site and finding out alot of interesting information but wondering how mouch of it would apply to me.

Most of my financial difficulties came about while I lived in Canada and didn't have regular access to my account with BOS. Alot of charges were applied to my account which didn't help matters when I was already averdrawn. Unfortuanatley transactions took place even after I knew I was over my overdraft limit as I needed money for day to day living. Would I still be able to claim these charges back?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, I got a wee bit impatient so went down to the branch to make sure that they had received my letter and that it was being acted upon.

Turns out yes it is, and the ball is rolling, but the person that knows where all the info is happens to be on paternity leave so they need to call him and find out where he put it :evil:

In any case they shall call me. Also they didn't mention charges while I was there so I'm wondering if they will bother to charge me at all!

They called me, I have a meeting with the person I saw today at 10.30am. Should get everything then and "resolve the situation".

I didn't think that there was a situation more that I was just hurrying them up so to speak. :wink:

Ur right to keep hurrying them along.

Most staff don't understand the full implications of a DPA request, timescales involved or what to do. I've only seen one in my time in the bank (a while!) and no-one knew what to do.

Tell them the least they can do is immediately order your statements for the last 6 years if they've not done so already (it's normally £5 per page, max £10 but this is covered by your DPA fee so the branch can key it with no charge) Should take 1-2 weeks to arrive from when it's ordered from the statement printing place.

All the best! 8)

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

Well went along to the branch for my wee meeting today, the person I saw was very helpful and is having all the information faxed to him for Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I said that I would go and pick it up, didn't want it being lost in the post! (Branch is litteraly round the corner from work) Seems that they never actually received my DPA request letter but no matter as I'm to get all the info I require.

Also the person helping me was quite nice in saying that he would do exactly the same thing if he had been in the same situation and would claim his charges back too....

I get the distinct impression that BOS employees have been briefed on the uprising of unsatisfied and now highly informed consumers!

Incidently there was again no mention of being charged! Yay!

Well I got my statements etc back, some of it I don't understand......... obviously dye my hair blonde too often ;-).

Anyway, was wondering if anyone out there knows what a maintenance charge for £8.50 would be for if they have already charged me £20 for going over my overdraft limit? Would that still be something I could claim back?

There was also something else which I'm not sure about. On one of the pages I was sent there is something about "money laundering verification" which I am very confused about.

Any help would be most gratefully received

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all!

BOS tried to fob me off with £80 instead of the grand total of £601.52 which they actually owe me!

So I'm going to go down to the bank just now and put a the Letter before Action through their door!

Wish me luck!!! And fingers crossed I will have that money in 2 weeks time!!!

Roz xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, sadly 2 weeks are up today and I have received nothing from the bank of scotland, not even a letter acknowledging the LBA which I hand delivered!

So roll on Monday..... I need to fill out my claims form today and if nothing comes in the post on Monday I have to go ahead with the whole messy business!

Still when they owe £600 it's worth it right?

• 3 weeks later...
Ok so they did not respond to my LBA.

So I did it! I have submitted my small claim they have by the 23rd of August to respond..... otherwise the hearing will be on the 30th.

Fingers crossed!

I would claim contractual interest. If you haven't done so already and you have sent your LBA submit your court claim the very SECOND the deadline expires to ensure that you are able to claim it.

I stated in the claim that i submitted to the court that I want 8% and costs as well as the amount of money they have charged me during the period of time that I was with BOS.

Is that what you mean?

Hello everyone!!!

Good news!!! I received a letter today from Halifax. I will be getting the full £601.52 that I asked to be returned to me!!! I should receive the cheque in the next 5 working days!!!

Made my day!!

Thank you very much to the forum for all the helpful information and letter templates etc!!! Very much appreciated!!

way to go!!!!

I wish mine would be as easy........

my bank (RBoS) is now playing silly B****rs.

i can see a hard slog here

dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks