Rant/ Bank Charge Reclaiming Companies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please accept my apologies for the mini rant here but... I've just been called by a company claiming to be able to help me reclaim my bank charges :rolleyes::D. Now in a very sad way I usually enjoy these random telesales calls - I will never ever purchase anything sold in this way but spend some time stringing them along on the basis that it really doesn't bother me and while they are speaking to me they are not annoying anyone else.

Anyway this one got my attention because the converstaion went like this:

BBH: Have you had any bank charges recently.

Me: Yes

BBH: Have you reclaimed any in the past

Me : Yes I did a while ago

BBH: oh well we can't help you then.

A bit taken back by this response I asked why and they told me that "you can only reclaim charges back once".

By now I was really interested so I asked the girl what it was they actually did. A very informative discussion then followed about how it costs the "awful banks" between £3 and £5 if I go overdrawn but they charge me sometimes up to £35. This company would help people like me get it all back.

Then the real kicker came in, she dropped into the conversation that it was "all a bit stuck at the moment" and whilst they are taking on cases there may be some delay before the money came back to me. I asked what was causing this delay and her answer was...

"oh it's this new law they've brought in"

That stumped me so I pushed her for more details only to be told

"I don't know exactly what it is but it is a new law which means we all have to wait"

I had heard enough by then and said I was very dissapointed to hear that they couldn't help me but could lshe let me speak to her supervisor.

The line manager came on and I started by asking him how much they charged to reclaim bank charges. His response was that it was 33% +vat of any settlement paid.

The discussion continued...

Me: I recently claimed back almost £5000 from a bank and it cost me a few hours and the best part of £25

BBH:

Me: Can you explain how you justfy charging just short of £2000 to do the same amount work?

BBH:

Me: Are you not guilty of doing exactly the same as the banks?

BBH: Well obviously there is an element of profit in our figures

Me: So an outlay of £25 and a few hours and you charge £2000 - that's some profit margin!

BBH:

Me: How about this new law your coleague referred to

BBH: Err I don't know

Me: But she said there was a new law that was meaning that the payouts were being delayed

BBH: Well if that's what she said, I'll have to ask her

I wasn't going to get any more, so I got the name of the company and one of their 'legal staff'. I might call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Before I ended the call I asked him where he had got my number from and he told me Equifax had sold it to them. Can CRA's really sell lists of people for marketing ?

If you've got this far then thanks for hearing me out, I'm sorry for the rant and I understand that some people will always use companies like this. But this bunch really didn't have any idea of what they were talking about and then charge huge sums of money for being ignorant. Yet the wealth of expertise on here is given freely and anyone wanting to reclaim only has to ask. :-x:-x:-x

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

Ambulance chasers.....parasites, to a man!

Now you've seen it first hand.

We prefer to see every penny go back to the rightful ownrs, to do with as they wish.

That's why we rely on donations from the people that we've helped. :D

Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....