Angi V HSBC the start

Angi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a little update, gave my friend his papers to take to Court, so out of my hands now,

He has asked me to Thank everyone for helping me out, so Thankyou all for being so kind to take time to answer my questions, when I got stuck (which was a lot lol)

I will let you know whats happening, as soon as I hear from him.

Thanks so much

Angi x

• Haha 1

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You (and he) are welcome angi , that's what we're here for - keep us posted please :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Good Morning

Just a little update

Court papers were issued on 11th Jan 2008, papers sent to the defendant by first class post on 10th Jan 2008 & it will be deemed to be served on 13th Jan 2008. Th defendant has until 28th Jan 2008 to reply.....

So the waiting game begins

Angi x

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just another update...The Bank has till tomorrow to reply, as yet there has been no word.

If by some strange reason they dont reply by tomorrow, so if this happens,

am I ok to fill in the request for judgment part of the court form & take it back?

any help would be lovely

Angi x

Angi x

I would say 'Yes'. you have to follow through Angi, although you may get a stay imposed because of the test case. The main thing is ,you will have done what is required -even if the bank hasn't (if they don't reply by tomorrow).

However, it has been known that Banks solicitors will respond to the court after the deadline, claiming 'pressure of work' or other such nonsense and have the court accept their (Late) defence submission. :rolleyes:

But I reckon you should carry on ...........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I agree with you on that Pete...I cant wait till tomorrow...no post from the bank would be Wonderful lol

You would think this was my claim, not my friends.

Angi x

Your friend is lucky to have you for a friend!:)

Best of luck with the claim.:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 3 weeks later...

Update

My friend has just handed me, some papers from the Court.

Notice of Defence Has Been Filed

There is an Allocation Questionnaire, to be filled in, & once again Im stuck, as I did not have to do this with my claims (2006)

So if anyone would like to help me out, I would be most grateful.

I honestly thought this claim would have been put on Stay, as I have read most are.

With this not happening before with my claims & there are AQ papers to fill in, where do we stand? could this still be put on Stay?

Also there is yet another fee, this time £35.00p can I claim this back?

So sorry if Im asking lots of questions, but Ive not been at this stage before.

Many Thanks To Anyone who will give me some help

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya Pete

Thanks so much for coming to help me, Im getting bit scared now, if this was my claim, I dont think Id be this bothered, well saying that I more than likely would be lol

Thanks Again

Angi x

Angi x

I dont know what to write in G - other information, so if anyone can give me a hand ( or some chocolate) Id be very grateful

Angi x

Hiya

In A/Q - G - other info, can I put this?

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the

small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is

An issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the

Money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s

Contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred.

I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the

Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would

Have paid them without argument. However, the continuing

Problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently

Being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse

To reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime.

As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers,

They have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost

Good faith. Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court

In this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track,

Order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the

Courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end,

Not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an

End too much of the litigation in progress against other

High-street banks. I believe the case will last no longer than 1 hour

and can I also add a Draft Directions?

this has got my head all over the place, lol

Angi x

Hi Angi. In section G you need to include any other facts about your case that are not already in your POC's. So have a read through of what you have said above and if you are duplicating what is already in your poc's then remove it.

There is no problem with adding draft directions. The judge will decide wether to use them or not. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update

Judge has put my claim on Stay, pending the outcome of the applications made to the High Court...

So going to sit back on this one, as Im working on a claim with the Abbey & want to get it as far as possible,

I keep you all updated if theres anything to report.

Angi xxx

Angi x

Just an update

Judge has put my claim on Stay, pending the outcome of the applications made to the High Court...

Well there's a surprise Angi LOL!

So going to sit back on this one, as Im working on a claim with the Abbey & want to get it as far as possible,

Way to go .........!

I keep you all updated if theres anything to report.

Angi xxx

OK Thanks................

Nemo me impune lacessit