style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused:Having just started out with Pay Plan, we are getting conflicting information from our creditors and Pay Plan.

Looking at the list of confimed balances, we have several creditors confiming the balance, one of these creditors is a catalogue and my available credit is now nil (was £1250) so that is okay.

The creditors we are having problems with are Creation Sygma, who have a confirmed balance recorded on Pay Plan, but still press us for a payment and deny any contact, stating they do not have a head office and won't ring Pay Plan. The same with Barclaycard, they say they have never heard from Pay Plan, but Pay Plan state they contacted them on 21 November.

Who do we believe? Pay Plans replies to my questions get partial answers. We have seen no proof from Pay Plan they have contacted anyone. We are now worried that our first payment (due 8/10) will disappear and our creditors will continue ringing us.

Can anyone who uses Pay Plan tell us what is happening, because at the moment we may well have not bothered as the number of phone calls from creditors is not abating.

I would imagine it is the creditors who are in the wrong here. I know for a fact that Barclaycard are VERY aggressive who usually refuse to deal with appointed third parties (which is a clear breach of the OFT guidance).

I must have about three clients a day who moan about barclaycard.

:confused:Having just started out with Pay Plan, we are getting conflicting information from our creditors and Pay Plan.

Looking at the list of confimed balances, we have several creditors confiming the balance, one of these creditors is a catalogue and my available credit is now nil (was £1250) so that is okay.

The creditors we are having problems with are Creation Sygma, who have a confirmed balance recorded on Pay Plan, but still press us for a payment and deny any contact, stating they do not have a head office and won't ring Pay Plan. The same with Barclaycard, they say they have never heard from Pay Plan, but Pay Plan state they contacted them on 21 November.

Who do we believe? Pay Plans replies to my questions get partial answers. We have seen no proof from Pay Plan they have contacted anyone. We are now worried that our first payment (due 8/10) will disappear and our creditors will continue ringing us.

Can anyone who uses Pay Plan tell us what is happening, because at the moment we may well have not bothered as the number of phone calls from creditors is not abating.

Hello,

I have been in a debt management plan with payplan for well over 18months now and have found them to be most helpful.

When I fist started on the DMP I must confess to be a bit ignorant regarding legal matters and debt, I found this site and it gave me confidence to challenge some of them, for the underhand tactics they use, such as harassment for more money.

My advice is stay with payplan and read around the threads and educate yourself regarding the Consumer Credit Act, the data protection act, laws on harassment etc.

Lots of these creditors make up their own rules to get what they want which is your money, by any way fair or fowl. If you know the rules they should comply to, you can question and gain confidence along the way.

Please remember that you are not alone, lots of people are in the same position, The credit industry must take some responsibility for the irresponsilbe lending they push and push for their ultimate goal. They don't understand the word justice or fairness, that doesn't give them profit.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I think you will find after they had the first one ot 2 payments then the calls will stop. In the meantime when you get calls give them your paypal reference. Have you claimed back charges on these debts?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I think you will find after they had the first one ot 2 payments then the calls will stop. In the meantime when you get calls give them your paypal reference. Have you claimed back charges on these debts?

I have claimed charges last year for my old bank account, I haven't claimed anything else pending the test case.

As Sequenci says it's a clear breach of OFT debt collection guidance for creditors to still be pursuing you rather than an appointed 3rd party ( ie PayPlan in this case ).

I would write to complain to the creditors concerned - keep a copy & send recorded delivery. If they continue to chase you this could be seen as harassment which a criminal offence ( under Admin of Justice Act 1970 ) you could then approach your local trading standards as well as a complaint to OFT.