give_me_it_back v MBNA

give_me_it_back
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Does anyone have an opinion on MBNA's 'transfer fee'? They charged me 45.00 to transfer 1,500 in to my current account (to stop me going over the overdraft!)

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

I have discovered all 3 MBNA cards I have had over the last 6 years, and am about to write to ask for the statements. Do they need the DPA fee?

Thanks all

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

send the £10 to them so they cannot delay matters but in most instances they return it to you anyway. Make sure you send it to the advocates office to avoid any delay and make it perfectly clear this is not a payment on your account. Some companies have credited accounts with the £10 !

Thanks Surreyscouse. I was reading your earlier thread with great interest! I hope it all comes to it's natural conclusion (ie - you get YOUR money back!) very soon. Did you have to pay them 10.00 DPA fee to see the statements they took SO long to send you?

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Thanks again! I'll go search for that address.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

nah, didn't pay a penny, but then I had already agreed that with Stuart Johnson before I even asked for them.

Point to note, I have actually received all of my charges back, I'm just digging my heels in to make their life difficult for all the grief they have caused me !

Good for you!!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Thanks SO much for your help!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

could I possibly point you to the scales at the top ?

Any other queries then give me a shout. Oh, address your letter to Michael Rhodes, he is the CEO of MBNA so it will go straight to his department, the advocates office to deal with.

• Confused 1

Thanks again. Scales noted! I'm learning all the time on this site (at first I thought it meant you were a lawyer!!)

• Confused 1

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I sent the DPA letter on 8th June by recorded delivery. I have heard nothing from them at all yet - not even an acknowledgement. Is this normal for MBNA?

Will keep you all updated with progress. Great to read all your tales! Go Get Em!!:-D

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Just sit tight. I personally wouldn't chase them. Wait for the 40 days and if nothing turns up then inform the information commissioner as that would be a clear breach of DPA. On day 41 drop mbna a line letting them know you expect them to pay for your costs in dealing with their breach of DPA, i.e. cost of phone calls, letters etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Right. This bunch have replied.. BUT...:

"As requested, we have enclosed copies of your statement information (I actually asked for a schedule of the charges and fees that have been levied from my account, for the last 6 years under the provision of the Data Protection Act 1998.). They go on to say that if this information is not sufficient, I should make a full subject access request under DPA and complete their form and send £10... er.. I DID!

My letter was clearly headed Subject Data Access request, and I did enclose the £10 fee!

Also, all the charges they have listed relates to only 1 card (I had 3). Could be conincidence, and there may have been no charges on the others, but I doubt it.

Any suggestions of what I should do next?

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

I have written the following letter. Could someone please check it before it goes..? Thanks

I write in reference to your letter dated 7th July.

I am most surprised at the contents, and enclose a copy of my original letter (which was sent by recorded delivery), as it is clear you have mis-interpreted it for the following reasons:

• You say that I requested copies of statement information. I did not. My request was quite clearly a Subject Access Request (Data Protection Act 1998).

• You enclosed copies of my statement information. This is not what I asked for. I specifically asked for “a schedule of the charges and fees that have been levied from my account, for the last 6 years under the provision of the Data Protection Act 1998.”

• You ask me to enclose a cheque for £10. I enclosed this with my last letter.

• I note that you only list details of card number xxxxxxxxxxx. I quite clearly requested information also from card numbers xxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxx.

For the benefit of your records, I have completed the form you enclosed with your letter (minus the £10 fee, as you have already received this), and have also enclosed a photocopy of my drivers licence.

In my previous letter to you, I wrongly stated that, under the Data Protection Act, you have 40 working days in which to provide me with the information I requested. As you are well aware, the timescale is actually 40 calendar days.

To be clear, the information I requested is due by 18th July 2006, and should there be any further attempts to delay compliance, I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court action under section 7, and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Thanks! It's going today!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Personally if this is on a credit card i would give them a ring and ask them to send you the list of fees and to calculate the interest incured on the fees. You sould be polite when speaking to them and you will get the list of fees and interest in around 2 - 3 days after the phone call.

Also you have a Private Message

• Confused 1

They've just left a message for me to call them.... Think I should?

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Nice lady called Yvonne - just wanted to assure me the details are on their way!!!:o

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

i think she is a bit of a gopher for the advocates office, generally answers the phone etc but then has to pass on the query, there is a few of them like that there. it free's up the people who are actually dealing with the refunds

She did ask if a 'list of the charges' would suffice. I know I did make a DPA SAR request, but I just said that yes, that would do (same information), so long as it was within my timeframe (ie - the next 5 days). She assured me it would be...

MBNA - Concluded £634.31