fixed penalty notice...can I beat it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I know the deal, I have to post a scan before you can comment, so here it is...

347gy9x.png

I may or may not have overstayed the 90 minutes in a residents only space, or I may have moved my vehicle and come back again to the same spot over 90 minutes later....geddit?

Help? or should I just pay?

FYI this is a stupid residents only spot, over 100 yards away from any residencies that don't have their own private car park (flats) for off street parking.

I may or may not have overstayed the 90 minutes in a residents only space, or I may have moved my vehicle and come back again to the same spot over 90 minutes later....geddit?

No I don't get it did you overstay or not? If you did you can choose to pay or go to court the choice is yours but it will cost more if you go to court. If you didn't overstay you will have to convince the magistrate that your story is more reliable than the Police officer.

It says "pay the penalty in full within 28 days".

28 days from when?

Issued?

Received?

Read?

Re-read 27 days later?

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

It says "pay the penalty in full within 28 days".

28 days from when?

Issued?

Received?

Read?

Re-read 27 days later?

This is not a PCN and the same fine detail is not defined in an Act nor required. There are many and varied Acts that can result in the issue of an FPN.

An FPN is an offer to deal with a criminal matter by way of a fixed penalty rather than going to Court. You don't have to take the opportunity.

One advantage of an FPN, is that the matter can be passed onto the driver.

It is, in fact, 28 days from date of issue

I thought as much, just that you never know for sure. Oh, well.

It's a bit annoying though, I can understand a desire to make parking available for residents, but they've gone overboard in this area and everywhere that's not residents is double yellow lines!! Even though there are plenty of areas that are not outside or even near peoples homes, they've all been earmarked residential.

Is the area near a University, school or large shopping centre? If so, I can understand why they made so many spaces residential - I live across the road from a Uni, and down the road from a school and High Street, so people even park in numbered allocated spaces for flats. That may explain the amount of residential parking; bad luck on the ticket, though.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)