Upgrade offer

shane4stef
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a 32" crt sony tv and a sony 5.1 surround system about 3 years ago....theses are still under warranty. My question is. when i purchased theses...the salesman told me and my wife that if a new format comes out and our system cant play it we would be entitled to an upgrade. So...am I right in thinking that we can upgrade our tv and dvd surround system to 7.1/HD/BRD?...Thanks. Help is much appreciated as we have problem with tv right now and would rather know this and get it all done in 1 go. We had trouble before after looking for just the remote for surround....(5 weeks and 28 days) and lots of wrong ones..

• 2 weeks later...

a the usual sales tactics.

what they really mean is. if it becomes faulty and a repair cannot be made then they will either send you a replacement TV. which after 3 years generally would be a better model seeing as things have moved on abit and i would think they would no longer sale the exact same model no more.

or they would send you vouchers to use against new one.

but i think under their guarantees a repair would be the first option.

i dont think you can choose whatever model you want. i think they make the decision on the closest match which does atleast the same things the original TV did. so expect it to be CRT not LCD as they still sell CRT's instore

if you had the sales guy write down and sign a piece of paper to state you get an instant swap for a upgrade then great, but goodluck proving what he vocally told you at time of purchase, especially after 3 years it is hard to prove.