Ripped off by fake internet fittness company?

miss J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my husband bought a tub of protein from an internet site called Johny Lofat -- Your Trusted Nutrition Headquarters on 16.09.07 he paid £52.44 through paypal and the payment went to [email protected] which I thought was a bit odd anyway. After his order he did receive an invoice to his email address but there wasnt any product reference number or anything it just said order number 4.. He has heard nothing sice so emailed them to find out what date it was shipped and for a tracking number so he could chase the order up but no one has replyed to him and hes sent 6 emails now. I went on the site and it doesnt have a phone num or even an address. Also have tryed to contact the above email address but just get a delivery failure notification. So really dont know what to do now? I think this is a fake site and that he has been ripped off :-x Anyone know what we can do? Thanks

A quick 'whois' shows the site to be registered to Samuel Bruel, 50 Holyoke St, Holyoke, MA 01040 in the US, registered through a German ISP. The address is genuine, but the website has many of the hallmarks of a [problem] site - no address, no phone numbers, a different email address to the domain name, no clear terms.

I suspect, however, that the quickest way to get a result is to contact PayPal and start an 'item not received' dispute (you can do this from the main account page). Unless the seller can show that the item was delivered by a trackable method, PayPal will refund you.

Thanks for checking it out ScarletP. Sean had opened a dispute with paypal last week but has now esculated it, I just hope he gets his money back. Do you know if there is somewhere we can report this to stop it happening to someone else?