philips Bailiffs & Magistrates Court - Distress Warrant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

philips Bailiffs & Magistrates Court - Distress Warrant

Hi,

I hope someone can help regarding a situation I have with Philips Bailiffs. In December i recieved a parking fine which I forgot all about ubtill we moved back to our property after having to live in a hotel for months. I made an arrangement with them to pay £30 a month for the fine which was then £170, I called 2 days late on the second payment being a new mum and all I just forgot, they wouldnt accept the payment as I was late and said I had to pay them in full, I advised them that being on maternity that was impossible and that could I just stick to the arrangment, they wouldnt let me.

Anyway since July I keep recieving letters from them NOTICE OF ATTENDANCE TO SEIZE GOODS, I have called them every week to try and get them to sort an arrangment out again and they wont, I also keep missing the bailiff and keep getting more charges, they wont give me his number or let me know when he is coming round. I have also returned a payment form they sent with there letters and they rejected my offer of payment.

Today I have recieved another letter not by hand by post and its heading is OUTSTANDING DISTRESS WARRANT and the bill is now £240 I am asked to attend an amnisty at Leeds Magistrates court on Wednesday. I have called and spoken to the court and they dont think that it is fare but there is nothing they can do, also I have called Philips and they refuse for me to sort out payment of any thing other than full payment.

Is there anything I can do because I really feel I have hit a brick wall with this and its really getting me down, thankyou for any help offered.

Kind Regards,

Leeds Magistrates Court are walking on thin ice if they are saying that it is not fare, they should be a neutral.

Once you have defaulted on a payment arrangement they will not give you another one. It was your responsibilty to tell them about your circumstances.

They should give you a little time as you have just had a baby.

Phillips will not add charge after charge as they are not allowed under their rules with the HMCS contract. They have only added £70 to the account for attendance.

My advice: Send Philips cheques to cover your fine. You may have to up your monthly payment or is there anyone who could pay this for you and you can pay them back? Do not send money to the court as they will just return this to you.

Can you also tell me what the fine was for as i believe it will not be for Parking?

I also find it hard to believe that Philips will not give the number out of the bailiff