Firing a 'warning shot' - is it worth doing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are being contacted by a DCA in respect of a historic, disputed debt to a catalogue company. Yes, they have recently bought it.

The matter has previously been poorly handled by another DCA. Due to their arrogance, we delighted in running rings around them. Though the matter was already statute barred, they persisted. Eventually we tired of the game and forced them to back off after they failed to provide a true copy of the CCA.

We have no wish to go through all that malarkey again. The matter is well and truly statute barred. I fully intend to mention this in the letter that I am writing.

However, I feel as though I should add a deterrent, as some of these companies simply do not know when to quit. I am considering mentioning the above, minus specific details, such as the name of the company concerned.

Should I:

1. Stick to saying "It is statute barred, so bugger off"
  2. Give an outline of our dealings with the other DCA, as a warning that we know our rights and will not hesitate to exercise them

I cannot help but feel option 1 is not strong enough.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't bother even trying to reason with CQ, just send them a stat barred feck off letter.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter M.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

You could do option (1) and included in the letter also ask that a copy of their complaints procedure be sent along with any further requests for payments should they make any. Then eventually hit them for £400 through the FOS for failing to abide by the OFT guidelines. You could emphasize to them the consequences of further harassment through a formal complaint to the OFT as well as the £400 FOS case fee, rather than the history of the CCA request. That way , you are telling them how much you know that pertains to them and what it could cost them, rather than dilvulging too much other information .