• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Full and final settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sequenci: Yes, for us there is a major change in circumstances coming.

Chesterexpress: Unfortunately, and I cannot elaborate, you do not know the full story behind this situation or how we came to be in this situation. I'm sure if you did, you might just be slightly less agressive in your personal opinions. Not everything in life is so black and white.

Sequenci: just read your last post as i'm writing this. Thankyou, you have made me feel slightly less like a raging criminal :(

Binker

Any advise offered is purely out of interest and personal experience. Professional advice is always recommended.

Bank charges claimed:

A+L - Jan 07 - ** Settlement cheque received **

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blinker I belive Chesterexpress is a DCA in disguise so I wouldn't pay him any attention what-so-ever. It is not his right to comment on your personal circumstances and this honourable (edit)hes coming up with about paying your debts is blackmail used by DCA's to ensure you pay your debts. Ignore the (edit)

Blinker I belive Chesterexpress is a DCA in disguise so I wouldn't pay him any attention what-so-ever. It is not his right to comment on your personal circumstances and this honourable (edit) hes coming up with about paying your debts is blackmail used by DCA's to ensure you pay your debts. Ignore the (edit)

Some of us have principals and believe in doing what is right. And I am most certainly not a DCA and neither am I involved in the finance industry.

Binker would you care to lend me £50k and I will then offer you a full and final settlement offer of £20k? As that is what your asking of the people you owe money to.

Oh and rowbo.....no need for personal insults

i know situations are never as black and white as they seem and i do wish u all the luck with this Binker, and for the fresh start you need to make

Feels like a lost little girl x

Some of us have principals and believe in doing what is right.

You don't know who i am or what i have done in my life so who are you to start questioning my principles.

I thank the people who have given me their advice very much as this is what I asked for and will continue to do so and if I in return can offer any support to people, I will.

However I think its not the place for personal critisism and judgement and therefore Chesterexpress I ask if you have issues with the morality of what we have discussed, to start your own thread and not to continue to express your judgment about me.

Any advise offered is purely out of interest and personal experience. Professional advice is always recommended.

Bank charges claimed:

As I mentioned earlier, a Full & Final settlement doesn't warrant a discussion on principles or morals, it's simply an offer which will or will not be accepted by a creditor. There really isn't anything else to it.

I do wonder why Chesterexpress is a member of this forum - NOONE condones debt evasion - this site is here to offer help and support to people who need it - it may be debt problems, bank charges issues or consumer issues.

Members come from all walks of life and sadly some people are faced with redundancy, illness, death, depression and things that happen without notice therefore unless you have the hard facts keep your opinions to yourself and set up your own website http://www.DCALOVER.com

I do wonder why Chesterexpress is a member of this forum - NOONE condones debt evasion - this site is here to offer help and support to people who need it - it may be debt problems, bank charges issues or consumer issues.

Members come from all walks of life and sadly some people are faced with redundancy, illness, death, depression and things that happen without notice therefore unless you have the hard facts keep your opinions to yourself and set up your own website www.DCALOVER.com

Linz...please keep to the facts and not throw insults like rowbo.. Yes this site is for advice, however I am entitled to a legitimate opinion and don't see why someone should have the benefit of spending someone elses money and then expect them to accept a 40% f&f offer. Sorry but I firmly believe that they ought to repay everything that is due. If people don't like hearing the truth that is tough.

I am guessing at the circumstances being that these are not new debts so i would be quite surprised if the company had not already received repayment in interest and credit charges and the offer Blinker is making is on 40% of what is left of the debt and not 40% of the original debt.

Feels like a lost little girl x

You'd be quite right, Jess68

Bank charges claimed:

You talk about facts??? yet you do not know binkers situation you are merely summising that debts have been run up with a view to only paying 40% off. Like sequenci quite rightly pointed out F&F's are accepted by lots of organisations and it is not a question of morals!

I think you should think carefully about how much you offer in F&F, you say that you are using all your equity to pay them off? No matter how generous your family are when you move you still don't know how long it wil ltake you to find a job etc, and you will need money to live on even if only for personal items until you find a job, then there is the dreaded month in hand. And I think you should give serious thought to having the cost of 2 tickets home in an emergency account - just in case.

Quite simply your creditors cannot have what you haven't got, but make sure your plans are financially sound before you offer them all your equity.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Or you may decide that you don't want to use you equity to pay the debts off ( you are not obliged to use this money ).

You could think about offering a small monthly payment based on what you can afford after essentials are covered - this may be a token or zero offer by the sounds of things at least initially...

If you have £100 or more as a surplus figure you could consider a free DMP eith either CCCS or PayPlan - this can be done from abroad as long as you have a UK based bank account to make payments.

My thoughts almost exactly Gizmo! I'm always concerned when people seem to be using every bit of spare cash to offer to non priority creditors...

GIZMO111

That is a very good comment. I had not thought of that but what i had thought is mabye she could put sum money to one side for emergancys. As you said she may not get a job for a while maybe 18 mths or so. I have family in australia who have there own business etc but did have to start at the bottom and work there way up. They emergrated to Australia 35yrs ago had a few problems when they first got there with jobs and housing and stuff like that but other than theat they have now got everything they need and more. Maybe Blinker should revise her plan slightly and consider putting a set amount of money to one side and having that for a rainly day.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all,

As we can't go on as we are and after reading your advice, I think what we are going to do is offer a small payment each month instead of a f&f. As it stands i don't think they will accept the 40% we are offering but maybe in time we can look again at f&f if possible.

i've never done or seen a letter for this, are there any template letters to request this minimal payment. I've looked but couldn't find anything. I know you have to send in a budget planner too.

How long realistically can we expect to pay a minimal figure for? Is it just a short term thing, or could we do this for a year or two?

Instead of really struggling with minimum payments, we should have been doing this 6 months back and maybe our f&f's might have looked more favourable now.

Thanks again,

Binker

Bank charges claimed:

Binker without reading the complete thread are you going to CCA them.

Hi HAK, I wasn't going to. I know with one card, the application was done on line and available to view, and my signatures marked with a tick.

Doesn't this just raise alarm bells with the CC companies and they pass the debt on to a DCA straight away? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know much about all this and its a steep learning curve?

Binker

Bank charges claimed:

Hi Blinker

Thats what I thought about 2 months ago. I have more debt them you can imagine.

Within 2 weeks of the CCA requests some info:

1. One bank closed my accounts worth 25K and satisfied my credit file.

2. £9K unenforcable application form

3. £5.5K unenforcalbe no agreement

Out off all sent non have complied fully with the CCA 1974. I am not saying its easy battling with the companies but after a while it becomes good fun.

HAK

Hi HAK,

WOW what an achievement, i bet you couldn't believe it.

I just assumed that these banks wouldn't get it wrong, maybe worth a shot then.

Do they pass any enforsable debts over to DCA's after you have requested a CCA or is that just me being wrong. Is it better to have a debt with the OP or a DCA. I'm a bit scared of the thought of being involved with a DCA.

Binker

Bank charges claimed:

Do they pass any enforsable debts over to DCA's after you have requested a CCA

Not to my knowledge but someone may quote me different.

Remember the above amounts look a lot but I got in to trouble years ago and kept balance transfering for card to card. The banks kept putting my credit limit up, I kept balance transfering. I bet 70% of the above amounts are intresest.

HAK

So how is this for a plan...

1) CCA all 5 cards

2) See what comes from that (don't know quite what i'm looking for, is it just signatures on proper CCA and not just sign up agreement)

3) Ask for minimal 'token' repayments on all enforcable debts (is there a template for this letter?)

4) Maybe in a year see if we are still in a position to do a f&f.

Binker :confused:

Bank charges claimed:

Binker that sounds like a good idea. Will you still be in england in a year or are you still going abroad?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Binker

CCA all cards and start new threads per request.

Then all info you get you can repost on the thread.

You can scan the forms on post them on your thread so people cn look at them for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CCA letter N

Token payment letter C

Dont forget not to sign the letters use a digital signature

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/110578-digital-signature-guide.html

Also try and send postal orders.

Send by Recorded Delivery.

Good Luck

HAK