Charge on my house

derekcat928

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently picked up a CCJ through a client of mine going bust and leaving my cash flow seriously wounded.

The upshot is that the plaintiff has put a charge on my property at the Land Registry.

My cash flow is now a lot better. I can offer to clear the debt in instalments if I am allowed.

How do I go about putting forward an offer and getting the charge removed?

All info gratefully received.

I am looking into this, I would imagine that you can repay the debt in instalments. I will have a look around and get back to you.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Write to them and ask what payment plan they would accept

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Yes you can pay in installments but you have to very careful that you can keep to the installments and if you can't e.g. if your cash flow changes again you must get in contact with the creditor that has the charge. What was the judgement?

How do I go about putting forward an offer and getting the charge removed?

You need to make your offer in writing (so there is a record of the offer and acceptance). Once you have paid off the amount that you owe under the charging order you can apply to the court for an order to be discharged. Ask the court for a certificate of satisfaction on your CCJ and include evidence of payment. It is usual for creditors to inform the Land Registry that the interim and final charging order have been removed. Their website is Land Registry : We guarantee the title to registered land in England and Wales and hold records for land ownership and interests. You will need to check that the charges have been removed.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you Rory.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thanks for that guys.

Do I put my offer straight to the Court as an application to vary the order, or do I contact the creditor first?

If I do this, I am afraid that he will just sit tight until I decide to sell my house.

Thanks again.

If you go down to your local court they will give you the correct form to apply for a repayment system. I assume the creditor is accruing interest which is why I asked what the judgement was.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.