T Mobile Direct Debit and Lower Tariff

maki43
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've had a bit of trouble with t-mobile in the past 2 weeks.

First of all i took out my contract in april with the knowledge that i could lower my tariff after 6 months, a major selling point to me. 5 months later i then ring up t-mobile to make sure this was the case as my dad had problems reducing his contract. I was told that i could reduce in a months time so all was well.

I then rang to lower the contract about a week before my 6 months to come into effect on the next payment. This time i was told that i could not do this as they had changed the contract terms and conditions in may to 11 months. The manager that i talked to was basically saying to me that i should have noted down everyones name and details that i had talked to as they had no evidence of this.

I then sent off an email complaining and they offered me to lower my contract. I would just like to know if i could cancel my contract with no charge because of this as i was never informed?

Also this week i have been having trouble with direct debits. On the 14th i made a payment on thier online system of £56, £1.84 shy of the full amount i owed. My direct debit then took out £57.84 on the 17th and later in the day the £56. This caused a recall of the direct debit and a £25 charge as i didnt have the funds.

I later found out this might be my fault as they need to setup the DD days in advanced and cannot stop it. On my statement it shows the DD paid in full with fund left in the account. Im guessing that on a day when a DD is paid and you go overdrawn later in the day the DD is recalled?

Anyway, i rang up t-mobile and said if the next payment would be the full amount or just the amount i owed now, £1.84, and i was told it was the smaller amount. I've been on holiday this week and couldnt use my card and found out its because they called the full amount again and another £25 charge put onto my account.

I then talked to customer services and i was told that there were no notes that said i was told that i would not be paying the full amount, the same thing which happened with my 6 month fiasco. I now know that i had to stop the DD once the recall was issued, and if i was told this i would have done so immediately. I have asked t-mobile today if another recall will happen and i have been told no, even so i am cancelling my direct debit with them. So £1.84 has cost me £50 in the long run, partly my fault, and partly thiers.

I'm wondering if this can be used against them in conjunction with the 6 month price lowering to cancel my contract? I was with o2 for 2 years before this and never had any problems of this magnitude.

T-Mobile changed the drop back in September 2006, NOT this year. So if you entered into a contract in April 2007, there never was a possibility of dropping back to any lower tariff until the first 12/18months were up. In February 2007 I noticed their contracts all specifically mentioned this. What does it say on yours?