End of tenancy - No word from landlord

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Our tenancy ends in 1 month, landlord still will not give me a firm answer if we can stay (property is worth alot more than what we are paying)

The tenancy ends 28/10/07, say it gets to 1 week before, can he kick us out with 1 weeks notice as it ends in a week? The Agreement states 1 month, but i'm worried if this only means inside the tenancy dates.

Also, he may say , stay, but rent is now £100 more, how much notice will he have to give of a rent increase outside of the tenancy agreement dates?

Thanks!

He has to give TWO months notice (I am assuming that you are on a monthly rent period).

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

No he cant just kick you out, dont worry

He has to follow correct procedure, for a start he has to give you 2 months clear notice.

Also if he wants to put the rent up he has to do it in writing, and you have to agree to it, it also has to be within limits depending on the current market

If you dont hear from him your tenancy will automatically turn into a statutory periodic tenancy whereby he has to give you 2 months notice to quit and you would have to give 1 months notice if you wanted to leave

HTH

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs