Excel parking about to start court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone help me - I recieved a parking ticket on the 14/7/2007 from excel parking .

Excel wrote to me asking for payment of £ 100 as i had not purchased a parking ticket on the day in question . I wrote to them explaining that when i entered the car park , the parking meters were covered in plastic bags and no parking attendent was on site ( 8.30 am ) thus i was unable to purchase a ticket . I have since recieved a reponse stating that my " challenge" is not sufficent to warrant them revoking the charge and if i do not pay then they will begin court action against me on the 1/10/2007 . I have used this car park before and have always purchesed a ticket , i am law abiding citizen . Can any one help me please ..

Prem letter sent 26/2/2007:)

"bog Off" received 4/3/2007:mad:

LBA letter sent 9/3/2007:)

Money claim .com filed - 27/3/2007:)

Notice of issue received 29/3/2007

I seriously doubt they will go to court, as they wouldn't stand a chance. They may send an unstamped court form filled out with your name as a bluff, which is a technique we've seen before.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 1 year later...

hi i am too being taken to court by EXCEL, IN AUGUST I RECIVED A TICKET FROM THEM FOR THEIR BROOMHILL CAR PARK (SHEFFIELD )I HAVE ASKED FOR A COPY OF THE TICKET AS THE ONLY PROOF THAT THEY WILL SEND IS OF MY CAR ENTERING/LEAVING THE CAR PARK THEE AMOUNT PAID WAS FOR TWO HOURS BUT THEY SAY THAT THE CAR WAS PARKED FOR TWO HRS IN TWO DIFFERENT TIME PERIODS,CHALLANGED THEM ,SUPPRISE? FAILED, (THEN AFTER TV PROGRAMME DID NOT HERE ANYTHING)3 MONTHS LATER :???:. NOW THEY ARE BACK ,WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN COURT!!!

Bobster have you actually received stamped court papers? The PPCs are notorious for threatening court but very few actually go ahead (a notable exception is a pipsqueak Midlands operation that seems to do it to prove a point rather than as a business decision).