r710

r710 V Egg **WON**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4310 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thought I would let you all know that Egg are still paying out despite the recent lack of good news from them.

I went after my husbands charges and my own, starting the process on the same day. My husbands as settled very quickly, after sending that very clever email by secure email (many thanks to the OP!).

My secure emails went ignored. Sent several in the same vain. Got a bit concerned when I saw that no one else was reporting any recent sucesses. Egg were also ignoring my request to close my account and refund a positive balance. (Has been over 5 weeks since I asked for it to be closed). I sent a letter complaining about the way I was being treated, terrible customer services etc, and still no reply a week later.

Phoned Egg on Thurs to ask what was going on and was told that they really are short staffed at the moment and snowed under with claims. Was told it would be put to the top of the pile.

Today received a letter offering the full amount I was asking for. Hurrah!

So, I guess the message is to perservere.

Phoned Egg on Thurs to ask what was going on and was told that they really are short staffed at the moment and snowed under with claims. Was told it would be put to the top of the pile.

Today received a letter offering the full amount I was asking for. Hurrah!

So, I guess the message is to perservere.

Well done r710!

Good news for claimants if Egg's recent silence is due to acute shortage of staff rather than a policy switch for the worse.