Tatty Bear v Currys

Tatty Bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter from HFC today stating that as I'd already set up a direct debit for monthly repayments, the first payment would be taken from me on 5th November.

I phoned them and told them that I hadn't set up a direct debit, and that I'd only given my bank account details to Currys for ID purposes and not for them to set up a DD without my knowledge or consent.

I also requested a copy of the signed credit agreement from them. I shall wait and see if anything turns up.

Does anyone think Currys have fraudulently completed a direct debit form and sent it to my bank without my authority?

Does anyone think Currys have fraudulently completed a direct debit form and sent it to my bank without my authority?

Not entirely, they will have sent a document to HFC finance with two of your signitures upon them, one agreeing to the terms of the loan (identical to the terms on the page which you signed and took home) the other signiture is a direct debit instruction.

Regardless of the form that they may or may not have lost you would be still expected to pay for the price of the goods through direct debit on a credit agreement,

Which if its the payment plan does give you the option to pay what you want each month to lower your timescale and lower your intrest.

I agree what the salesman has led you to believe is wrong and however underhand it may have been I suspect that legally you have nothing to stand on