I need a new forum about hosting services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think we need a new forum for hosting services and domain registrars.

123-reg.co.uk has been messing me about since April. And it has still not given me the login details to me for my domain so that I can change my registrars and hosting company.

I don't know what to do. Can I sue them fo rmoney and wasted time.

The domain are company domains. Alborz.uk.com, and iraneuro.com.

They are just not taking any notice. They are sending me form one door to another.

I want compensation too.

I used to use 123 all the time and have never had a problem with them I have now merged my 123 account into my Fasthost reseller account for more control, you could try getting in touch with Fasthosts who own 123 and see if that gets you any joy.

What details do you not have? Are they your 123 account details? If so you can retrieve them on the website thru the email account used to setup the domain names in question.

As for changing them once you can login you can just point them to different nameservers rather than changing the tag on them so you wont have any downtime nor paperwork to do so.

Well I don't have my login details and my email has changed from the one that I have used to register the email.

So that is the problem. They still have not managed to give me my details.

I do not want to contact the perimium number and I have tried it once before but no luck. And fasthost do not own 123 reg , pipex do. All it comes down to is an office a few serversa and a bunch of wires.

sorry about that confused 123 with ukreg (D'oh!) well as for them being owned by Pipex well there you have the problem Pipex have some of the worst customer support going and it seems they have carried that mantra over to 123 then.

Can you not retrieve that email account at all, I had a similar problem with another company and managed to resurrect my old BT Openworld account to get the email info might be worth a go.

Failing that you could complain to the relevant registrar like nominet that you have not received your details, have you received your registration certificate from them yet if you have then changing the tag should be easy and you can go through the registrars website rather than 123's

• Confused 1

Yes well that is the problem. My tiscali.co.uk account is the one that I registered with and I can't do anything about it because I have contacted tiscali but they have not been able to give me back my email.

This is a company website and they are costing me money. I want to make a claim for two months £500 pounds.

I really don't know what to do. This is the potential amount of money that I have lost from odd jobs from the web site not beening transfered on time for me to get mony.

Hav you had the domain registration certificate through yet? You can go make a complaint to the relevant registrar like nominet to try and get it resolved.

I know its a premium rate number but you could claim that back after getting it sorted 0900 22 11 123.

You could also fax them on 0115 877 0213.

I never realized I have to receive a registeration certificate. What does it look like anyways?

Is it a piece of card or something.

I didn't really know you had to get one.

It looks like 123-reg.co.uk have neglected the service much too much.

I think I will call them on the perimium number and get the certificate to my post. Then I will claim back for their messy work by court.

You should get a certificate with a peel off patch with a unique number on it (presuming a .co.uk) and you can use this to go to Nominets website and update various aspects of your domain name without going through your domain registration company.

The certificate I believe comes from the registrar rather than 123-reg (I might be wrong about that though) so you might not get any joy from them, when did you register the domain names as it can take some weeks to get the certificates