HFO & telephone calls

b0n3z
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi. i am writing in regards to my girlfriend having just been harrassed by a guy called "Amit" from HFO.he insists he has taken over an old debt for a mobile phone company.she has been paying off her debts via "promise debt solutions".now this amit is ringing her mobile constantly and is also ringing her mums landline harrassing her aswell. now i spoke to this guy earlier and he was rude and abrupt on the phone and insisted that any payment HFO recived from promise would be no good as he had to recive the payments directly.he told both me and my girlfriend that if payments were not made very soon we would recive a CCJ. now im not great in regards to these types of situations but im pretty sure that if my girlfriend cant afford the £40.30 a month over 6 months that he is insisting is the least he can except, then she can say that shes only paying like £10 a month and he cant issue her with a CCJ? i would appreciate if anyone would be able to help me in this matter as my girlfriend s very upset by all that has gone on in the past 5 hours. thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

First off NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will say anything to get a payment.

They CANNOT get a CCJ without court action and that takes time.

Now the next time they call refuse to answer their questions and DEMAND everything in writing, as is your right.

This thread will be useful: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/14977-reporting-harassment.html

Now when their letter arrives make them prove the debt:

edit as needed.

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Most of all DON'T PANIC

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

"curlyben" thank you for your quick responce. i have just found out that my girlfriend has spoke to this amit guy since i posted and has given him her bank/card details and has arranged to pay this fool.im wondering if shes able to cancel the payment so she can do as you surgested or if now shes agreed she must pay what she agreed to over the phone?

Send a recorded delivery letter to HFO rescinding details of her DEBIT CARD details and say that she was pressurised into making the payment.

She could always report the card ''lost'' with her bank and get a new one qhich would have a new number and expiry date as well as the security number on the back. There is nothing to stoop these people taking out money as and when they wish from her account. Get on to the bank and tell them she has been forced against her wishes into giving these details.

ODC thank you for your help. it is much appreciated. this amit guy has been ringing 4-7 times aday for the past week and the g/f finally gave in (against my advise). will be talking to the bank and sending the letter curlyben posted to HFO asap. if this amit guy rings again will tell him i wish all communications to be done via post from now on and do not want to recive anymore calls. again thank you for the help and advice.