RBS CCard Data Protection help needed

reddannio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I cleared my RBS credit card balance in 2004 and was so relieved to get it out of the way i shredded everything so have no account number etc. I have written to the data protection address and they said they needed sort code and account. I found an old experian credit report with this credit card on but it gives a 10 digit account number which they didnt recognise !??

Im totally stumped, any ideas as to how/where i can get my card number/account from ? Ive phoned them but they said it is deleted form their system, conveniently.

hi reddannio i am in the same situation.no account number and they dont want to know.but i think your acc number is only 8 digits long.and i think by law they must hold on to your details.surelly they cant get away with just deleting your account

Did you write them a formal subject access request or was it just a general letter? If not write them a formal SAR (look here) http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf

I think your name and the address when you had the account and your new address would be enough. The data protection act refers to you, your name and address not necessarily an account number. In any event I'm sure they can search their data base on several parameters not just the account number. THEY ARE MOST LIKLEY STALLING. If the formal SAR still doesn't work threaten to report them and then report them if necessary.

• Haha 1

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

• 2 months later...

Cheers.

Ive now sent off prelim, only £140 and didnt think i could claim contractual interest as all charges were for Jun-Sept 2004 and i paid the card off in Oct 2004. Also, i cant remember the rate of interest i paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the prelim prompted an offer of £60 from RBS so getting my Rejection letter ready. Should i send this together with my LBA ? Also, i didnt include any interest in my prelim letter, is this the time to include it, am a bit confused as to what i can claim in way of interest as i paid off the card in 2004 and the charges were from the same year Any ideas ?

Thanks again

Red

Charge interest- they do and you are entitled to it!! I got my son's paid on a second smaller amount but I didn't force it on his first larger amount - wish I had now but I wasn't so confident as I am now. You may have to go all the way to the doors of the court though.

written entirely without prejudice to my whole rights and pleas in law and may not be founded upon in any proceedings.:lol:

• 2 months later...

Right, after their paltry final offer of £60 im filing my N1 at court. Only £140 plus 8% but will get a strange sense of enjoyment from watching them squirm when court papers arrive.

Can someone point me in the direction of the latest N1 POCs for RBS Credit card please.

cheers

Red

• 2 weeks later...

Hello red,

I can only suggest the stickies for POC I also see you have thread to reclaim PPI.

Watch RBS are playing hardball here, many delaying tactics!:mad:

They are using multitude of addresses for HQ, Data Protection and Retail Regulatory Risk. I have so far had missing recorded delivery mail to the Complaints department at the HQ Address 36 St Andrews Square and now a letter to the Retail Regulatory Risk department. They may be refusing to sign for recorded delivery letters which means your letters will end up being opened to find a return address if you did not put one on the envelope. Just be aware. Could this information be more widely advertised by a mod please?

Thank you

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.