Not really a problem, but a dilemma...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, after a little bit of advice.

I am a recent graduate and have been searching for a job for a couple of months now. A lot of the recruitments processes are fairly drawn out which means I'm desperately short of cash. Hence I signed up with a well known agency who despite claiming they had an immediate start job - didn't.

Now I have had a call from them and they have offered me a temporary position at a well known bank starting on Monday for 9 weeks. Problem is in a lot of my applications I said I was able to start immediately and I would obviously much rather do these jobs than the temp one.

My dilemma is if I start the temp role then as it is a contract am I legally obliged to complete it - would I get in trouble for leaving early?

I don't want to mess anyone around, but at the same time I feel I should look after myself.

Thanks

No, you wouldn't get into any trouble - used to work in employment agencies and this happened all of the time.

If you want to keep in with them, however, do give as much notice as possible so taht they can try to replace you.

PS remember to give us the low-down on the (alledgedly) dodgy practices at the bank :p

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Most agencies require you to give 1 weeks notice. From a relationship perspective, if you mess them aroung they proabbyl won't place you with other clients of theirs though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

thanks for the replies. Well my query proved irrelevant as true to form the agency messed me around - called me back later that day to say they did need 4 people, but now they need 1 and there is a better qualified guy. If that was the case then fair enough but I think its another cock up at their end (I have been told several times I have a job only to be told twice no sorry x has happened and once not get an explanation full stop). Anyway I signed up with another agency Monday and started today so I will wait until they do have something for me then call the day before to pull out. Naughty but lets see how they like being messed about!