Phoenix Collections Ltd - any dealings with?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As per title, really - pertaining to a Council tax debt.

My wonderful local authority took the matter out of the hands of Stanford & Green a little while ago, following my complaints about their questionable (putting it mildly!) conduct. Given that I was/am in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance and that they had already made an attachment to benefit for an earlier Council tax debt, I was lead to believe that the same would be done. In fact, a lady in their recovery department said as much to me.

Cue sighs of relief - no more bailiffs!

Wrong.

In their wisdom, the have handed it over to another firm - Phoenix Collections Ltd.

Cue sighs of despair and much hair tugging.

I am attempting to persuade them to take the matter back from this new firm, but, in the mean time, was wondering if anyone here has experience of/dealings with Phoenix.

TIA.

Yes, still in receipt of JSA.

Before ... during ... after ... it does not appear to matter to my local authority. They're being b***ards about it.

As far as I know, there is nothing stating that they must not pass the matter over if a debtor is on benefits.

I will probably start another thread about my battle to persuade my Council to take the matter from the bailiffs' hands. I have been successful once, with Stanford & Green. These new chaps have already made one slip up.

There is hope ... I think!

If you are receiving Income Support deductions can be made from your benefits. This is not the case with JSA.

However, I am surprised that you are not receiving HB and Council Tax Relief.

If you are then you can apply to have the claim backdated by 12 months only.

Have you considered this?

In addition, the National Standards for Enforcement Agents makes it clear beyond doubt that your case is classisfied as "vulnerable". I would complain to the Council and ask that the debt is return forthwith failing which you will be writing a letter of complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If you are receiving Income Support deductions can be made from your benefits. This is not the case with JSA.

Yet they are already doing so (deducting from JSA), for a separate year's outstanding Council tax.

However, I am surprised that you are not receiving HB and Council Tax Relief.

Then you will be even more surprised to learn that we are. This is what makes the matter all the more nonsensical - they need only look on their own system to see that we receive all of that. Not that I want to, mind ... I'm desperately trying to regain control of my life. But that is another matter.

In addition, the National Standards for Enforcement Agents makes it clear beyond doubt that your case is classisfied as "vulnerable". I would complain to the Council and ask that the debt is return forthwith failing which you will be writing a letter of complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Thank you. Yes, I am aware that I am classed as such and this is going to form of my argument as to why they should take control of the matter, as opposed to handing it over to bailiffs.

It's silly - they take it back from one firm, only to hand it over to the next ... I cannot help but suspect that either someone has screwed up, or they are being vindictive.

Thanks for the replies.

Interesting reading. Thank you. Although I have trawled their web site, I have never before seen that document.

That said, it took so long to load that perhaps I had previously attempted to view it, but given up!