Capital One Harrassment - Wrong person

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last two weeks I have recieved about 20 calls from

0800 422 0293.

I have searched this number and estabilished it is CAPITAL ONE.

Now the problem is, the person they wish to speak to does not live at this address and has not done for over 4 years.

I have told them this and asked them to remove my phone number from their records. Which obiously they have not done as they have rang twice today.

Has anyone got a good line I can speel over the phone to them next time they ring. Harrassment act or what even regulations they are breaching.

They have never said who they are or what they want obviously because I am not the person they what. But they are a pain in the a**e ringing all the time.

I would suggest you ask to speak to the complains departmant when they next ring and tell them what you have told us.

Explain politely that you understand that ppl owe them money of which it is not you and remember to advise them that this is classed as harrassement and that you will be speaking to the police. If they ask you to proved when you moved in and took responsibility for the property then ask them to in writing provide you with the list of document that you will require and they will. They may even provide a pre-paid envelope.

When i moved in to this property over 2 yr ago now i had the same problem so what i done was spoke to the complaint section of all the companys and got this sorted. i then changed my phone number but that was not much greif as i had just reported all the comapnys to the police and they had it done with 24 hours.

Good luck with this.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Explain politely that you understand that ppl owe them money .

I can't use this statement as I do not know if this person they wish to speak to owes money or not. They do not say who they are or what they want when they ring. They just ask for a person that does not live here. I only know it is Capital One ringing because I have serched the number.

The callers have never confirmed their identity or the nature of the call, which they are not at liberty to do, as I am not the person they seek.

I am just fed up of them ringing all the time.

Send them a suitably modified version of the CAG telephone harassment letter by recorded delivery. I doubt you will stop them phoning by just asking on the phone.

I would also put at the top of the letter FORMAL COMPLAINT and outline the number of calls and the frequency of them and the fact that you have informed them that the person does not live there any more and has not for the last 4 years.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You could if you want or you could just contact them anyway as you have found out who they are. I don't know that it makes any difference.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Send them a suitably modified version of the CAG telephone harassment letter by recorded delivery. I doubt you will stop them phoning by just asking on the phone.

This posted on another thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/114576-deceased-mothers-debt-phillips-2.html#post1152308

Regards, Dave.

• Haha 1