lyverbyrd v Nationwide

lyverbyrd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I'm new here so please be gentle with me. I'm going to file a claim against Nationwide for £680. I'll be putting my claim in next week (after pay day!) only moneyclaim doesn't take my lousy electron card, so hubby will kindly be doing this for me.

I wish this option had been available ages ago; I was declared bankrupt in 2004, it's now discharged, but I worked out that 30% of my debt was bank and credit card charges. Oh how much easier life would have been...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there lyverbyrd,

i don't mean to sound like a know it all but you have done all the preliminary letter and letter before action bit haven't you? you need to do those before filing a money claim. sorry if i'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but i couldn't find another post from you saying wether you had done that.

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

Hi there. :) Yes I have done those, in fact I've been overly generous in the time I've allowed the bank to respond to my letters. I've had the final "we're referring your case blah blah" letter, and since they're not sticking to my timetable, the game is up for them.

But thanks for looking out for me. :)

Good luck with your claim!! let us know what happens

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

Hi lyverbyrd

You've found a good place to get your monies sorted out. I am slightly behind you with Nationwide so will watch your thread with interest.There are people about here with lots of experience and knowledge who are happy to help.

:p

sorry to jump in here, jonesy when calculating interest at 8% do you do it from the day the charges actually occurred i.e the day they bounced the dd or whatever, or from when they actually take the money? as you know the nationwide actually take it 28days after the statement goes out. any ideas?:)

I used the date the charge was taken from my account not the date of the bounced DD etc.

I did too.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Its the day they take the charge from your account .. If they bounce a cheque on 1st of month then charge you for it on 21st of month you have not lost the money until the 21st so how can you claim for it from 1st ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks Girls, i did apologise for jumping in on this thread but am working interest out for my claim which i'm putting in on weds (payday) and needed to know straightaway! SORRY again! p.s thought it would be a useful question for lyverbird too when the time comes, so please dont beat me up!!!!!:)

LOL no beating you up but with so many posts to your name you should no more then most about hi-jacking a thread #slappedwrist for you :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've received my final "you're getting nothing from us" letter from Nationwide, but unfortunately, I don't yet have the £80 I need to take the case to court, so it looks like it's going to be on hold for another month....

Hi Lyverbird,

i know its a bit of a personal question but are you on any type of benefits? working tax credit, housing benefit because if so you can put in your claim for nothing. sorry if (again!) its something you already knew.

oooeee

It will, but you should still be able to use phone bank - I could.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I have a question. I've received a default notice from Nationwide, and it states my balance is -211.84. This is purely through bank charges. I'm going to be claiming just over £600 from them.

As the overdraft is bank charges, will I receive all my claim if it goes to court, or will Nationwide hang on to any of it to pay the overdraft?

I've had one last email flirt with Charles Bacon:

Dear Mr Bacon

I have received a letter from Morag Mcolm, dated 13 July 2006, informing me of the Building Society's intention to take legal action against me for an overdrawn balance of £211.84.

I have already written to you stating that I will be pursuing action for the recovery of my bank charges. As the overdraft is purely made up of charges, I think you will appreciate that any action you take against me will be unlawful. The amount I am claiming is £621.99 + court costs. If you wish to avoid legal action, I will be happy to drop the charge on receipt of full payment of my claim. However, you have already had the time allowance given in accordance with the unfair terms in consumer contract regulations.

In addition to this I am seeking a full removal of the default on my account; not an amendment, but a removal, as again this is levied in unfair terms.

I look forward to hearing from you before 4.30pm 19 July 2006.