lyverbyrd v Nationwide

lyverbyrd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent Mr Bacon a short e-mail saying that after looking at my chedule of charges I am sure my figures are correct!

Unless they make up the difference I shall be persuing with my claim.

When I contacted the member services dept. 2 hours later, it had been added! :)

We are satisfied we have paid your claim in its entirety, taking into account any charges which may have been refunded to your account.

They have never refunded any charges. Not once. I have my statements as proof.

I would email Mr. Bacon to remind him that your calculations are correct and inform of the fact that no charges have ever been refunded to your account.

Nationwide did that to me too, but I didn't bother to persue it as it was only £20.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

In that case I would check to see if any mods are online and send them a pm. They might know your next step. Sorry I can't help any further.

Ok just checked for you.....a few mods online, zooman, jonni2bad, blueskies and a couple of others.

I appreciate that they did that for you. However, it's not the case here. They've paid up part of the claim two weeks after I got my notice that they intended to defend. They then wrote to me stating that they disagreed with my figures, even though I've sent them my schedule of charges, and that they have paid what they worked out to be the correct figure, taking into account any refunds I may have had. Well, I haven't had any, and my figures were taken from my statement.

I can't find anything in the FAQ that tells me what I should do next, I'm still £150 short on my claim.

No they haven't. I sent this letter:

I refer to your letter dated 27 September 2006.

Thank you for the part payments refunded to my account so far, but as this figure is considerably different to mine, I will not be advising the court that this matter is settled until I am satisfied that I have got back all the unlawful charges. I will also be expecting the return of any further charges and interest that may have been taken from my account since the start of this claim, plus the daily interest rate. I would also draw your attention to a further charge of £20 plus £3.78 interest that I was charged before I made my claim which wasn’t added in to this, purely because you have stopped my ability to access my account details, so I was unaware the charge had been taken.

I look forward to receiving the full amount still outstanding plus any amounts mentioned above, by 11 October 2006, otherwise I will have no choice but to continue with the claim and file for judgement.

Please could you send me a full breakdown of the charges that you have refunded, so that I may check these with my own figures. I attach again the schedule of charges which I have taken from my statements.

I also emailed it to them, without the schedule, and Sarah Watson only responded to the email (she sent a letter which referred to it). I've since emailed Charles Bacon again, attaching the above letter and the schedule of charges and I've heard nothing.

Ok are the 28 days up yet? If so I would pm a mod, they may be able to advise you further. It would be interesting to know how nationwide are coming to their figures though and why such a difference between yours and mine.

See Bevs thread - same thing is happening to her and to a number of others.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....