lyverbyrd v Nationwide

lyverbyrd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good letter BUT I doubt it will work. To be honest I had a conversation with Mr Bacon's office (not him!) and asked why they didn't just settle before moneyclaim and save themselves money on court fees. The reply was that they have a lot of people threatening to take them to court but don't and that if they paid out pre-court stage then they would be paying more than they actually do. They didn't tell me the percentage of people that didn't actually bother with proceedings after they had threatened it but I got the impression that it was quite low.

You could apply for the default removal in your moneyclaim as well.

Good luck :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

hi there, i think in the particulars of claim and in the lba in the library there is a line about removing default. i had to remove in my letter so i'm sure its there. good luck hope you can issue the cliam soon!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

• 1 month later...

I lodged my moneyclaim, finally, on 11 September, so I'll let you know what happens. Also can someone PLEASE help me with the following?

I have a question. I've received a default notice from Nationwide, and it states my balance is -211.84. This is purely through bank charges. I'm going to be claiming just over £600 from them.

As the overdraft is bank charges, will I receive all my claim if it goes to court, or will Nationwide hang on to any of it to pay the overdraft?

What will probably happen is that the money will go into your account and it will clear the outstanding overdraft amount and you will be able to withdraw the remainder.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Hi there, ditto what dolly said. did you add those bank charges to your claim? if not ask for them to be removed in a letter to the building society, i did and had £120 of charges removed, let me know if this applies and i'll tell you what i did. good luck with your claim shouldn't be long now!!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

OOh, you know, they are tricking me now and messing with my psyche :lol:

Go on then, next Thursday :)

I don't understand why they haven't paid yet, it seems that they pay quicker with some people and not others. I got paid the same day they replied with with intent to defend full claim. Guess I was one of the lukcy ones to get paid immediately.

They will pay you soon

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

I'm the same my intending to defend cam on 5th and still no word, as I have a closed account I am told this may take longer as they need to raise cheque even so I get worried when I see other get their charges refunded as soon as they file a claim and wonder if it is just me.

You are not the only one.

B

Well done!

Almost there.

ukwbg

Nationwide Data Protection Act Subject Access Request sent 6/7/06

Statements received well within the 40 day deadline

Prelim sent 8/8/06

Standard reply received 21/8/06

Letter Before Action sent 24/08/06

moneyclaim on line submitted 9/9/06

PAID SAT 1ST OCTOBER :D