• Tweets

• Send Smart a two-line letter informing them of your new address.  It will save you from the threat of a backdoor CCJ later on.   As for DR+, just laugh at their standard letters.
    • Opened April 2015.   Got behind on payments in Sept 2017.   Vanquis contacted me to arrange repayment plan. Then received demand from Moorcrofts.   Account returned to Vanquis Case Manager October 2017.  Interest frozen but no monthly payment plan agreed as no further correspondence received.   I have had no statements since Sept 2017?   Last payment October 2017.   I have checked Experian today and states that Credit Card in Default January 2018?   I have never received any details confirming this and I am a bit concerned what to do? Will I suddenly get something from them threatening legal / Court action?   Do I contact Vanquis or hang fire ?   Any advice would be appreciated.       
    • So bit of an update   Below is email sent to BT. The issue is now not the money but the impact on them reporting to credit references unpaid since Feb This was not showing on credit karma or experian,  who he has been with for a while,  but checked clear score tonight and it is on there as missed payments. I can honestly say they had no communication from BT.      Please accept this as a formal complaint in regards to my account. I expect a quick response considering the impact this has caused.   I have been a customer with BT for a while. I upgraded my broadband around November 2020 time. At no point was I informed that there was an unpaid balance on my account.  My services were recently stopped and I called to determine the issue.    I was informed that no payment to my account had been made since February 2019,  and the balance was £800. You can imagine my shock   I have had no service restrictions, no correspondence, no telephone calls or emails to alert me to an unpaid balance.    When I called I had to pay £380 to get my services reinstated. At the time I felt I had no choice as a self employed worker who needed the Internet for work. I also experienced poor communication and had to call several times for money to be taken   Tonight I have checked credit report and BT have reported missed payments since Feb 2019 which has had an adverse impact on my credit, when everything else is up to date. This will impact on my business and ability to secure credit and I want this resolved as soon as possible.    If this is not resolved to my satisfaction, with compensation for the distress this has caused me,   you can be assured I will take this to the ombudsman.       
    • How else would they know why you are lambasting them if yoh dont????
    • Yes but we need the correct information.......   Dx
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3461 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having a paaaaarty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

with the snail

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

slightly cracked on

the inside but

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

passable as a

chamberpot and other

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

the underside of

reached the very

could not reach