eCommerce site will not refund

JustJon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a "consumer" issue and was wondering if someone here could help me out?

I purchased some goods over the internet about 7 weeks ago which I subsequently returned at my own cost due to the them being unsuitable (Too big). The goods were returned within 2 days of receiving them and I have proof that they were received. They were in brand new condition still in boxes with tags etc. The value of these goods was £380.

After sending them back I went on holiday for 2 weeks and was expecting the refund to of been done when I returned. It wasn't. I then sent numerous emails which were ignored and then phoned them. When I phoned them I was told that there would be a £30 restocking fee. There is no mention of this on their site or in their terms and conditions so I said I was not prepared to pay the £30.

They begrudgingly agreed they would refund the whole amount, but after a week this had still not happened. After many more phone calls and promises that the refund would be done today, tomorrow, on Monday etc they then claimed that they had lost my card details so couldn't refund until I gave them the details again - Which I did.

After even more phone calls and promises that the refund would be done today, tomorrow, on Monday etc still no refund. Its getting on for 7 weeks since they received the goods back and still no sign of the money.

What should I do?