VODAFONE DEBT (account closed) - default removal is it possible?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

I have a debt with Vodafone totalling £778 (originally) and have been paying it off by instalments at £20 per month through Credit Security Ltd.

I checked my credit file through creditexpert to find the amount oweing had only gone down to £758 when Vodafone had recently updated my file. The problem with this is the fact I'd paid 14 instalments to the DCA totalling £280 and was rather concerned to where the rest of my payments had disappeared to.

I called the DCA who in turn informed me the account had been passed back to Vodafone. I then queried my 'missing' payments, which after checking my standing order details I found out they had the money 'sitting' in their accounts 'not knowing where it was from' (funny that!).

So I asked them to forward the money to Vodafone (which I've had a conformation back for from the DCA). I should've asked for the money back really i supose...!?! (LOL).

Anyway I've recently spoken to Vodafone to find out the account has been 'closed' and they will not be 'chasing' for any more money, but I still owe it (obviously!).

My question is that:

1. Should they still be updating my creditfile as the account is 'closed' (as I check my creditfile yesterday and they had updated it again).

and

2. Can I get all the Vodafone information removed from my creditfile or the default or nothing at all until the '6 year' period has passed?

Many thanks,

iwcmd.:)

P.S. I also found out today the £280 has not arrived onto my 'closed' Vodafone account yet..! :?

Any missed or reduced payments or defaults etc cannot be removed unless Vodafone advises the CRAs to do so or if the info is found to be false. It's interesting that they are saying they will not be chasing you any further though...

This isn't CCA regulated but I would be inclined to do S.A.R. under Data Protection Act regs to both VF & CS Ltd.

I would also write a letter of complaint regarding the misappropriation of your payments to CS ltd. Keep a copy & send recorded delivery. Ask for a breakdown of what they have added as charges for collecting the debt as this may be illegal if not provided for in any original T & Cs. Even if they are provided for they still have to be 'reasonable' under OFT debt collection guidanceIf you don't get a satisfactory response in 8 weeks I would put a complaint in to the OFT.

Hope this helps as a starting point:)

Ask for it (demand) back. They've passed the account back which is now closed. It's your money not theirs!!

Best, Dave.

Thanks Powell/Dave.

I rang Vodafone today and the money has still not arrived on the 'closed' account (good news!), so I rang CSL and apparently they've sent the money to the 'middle-man' DCA (Wescot). So, I rang Wescot and spoke to a female in the 'vodafone recovery' department who was actually very helpful (strange eh?) :shock: . She advised I was entitled to my money back, but they were unsure where it was too...! :evil: After talking to CSL again I was told 'its probably in a suspension account at Wescot', so again I spoke to Wescot and this time was informed I must write to them with 'proof of payment'. :roll:

Lucky enough I have a reciept from CSL proving the £280 payment transfer to Wescot, so I have now fired off a letter to Wescot (with names of all people I have communicated with there), with proof of payment all completed by recorded delivery (yippee!).:D

So, fingers crossed i will get my £280 back and in time from christmas! :cool:

regards,

iwcmd. :)

Hi all,

Just a qiuck update..

Letter was delivered this morning and signed for (checked via royalmail website). :)

I called them this afternoon and the acknowledgement of the letter is already on the Wescot computer sytem.. :cool:

The thing that annoyed me though was the employee on the phone told me that the money may get refunded or may go to vodafone!?! It all depends on the Vodafone department decision at Wescot.. :evil: So I told her I had already been told by the female in the 'Vodafone department' that a refund was allowed (which was the truth!), so she said 'well if they said that then it will probably be refunded then' and to wait till I hear from them..

I feel a bit deflated by that conversation. Thought I'd 'bagged' my money back as the Vodafone account had been 'closed'... :(

Anyway, I suppose I'll just have to wait???

iwcmd.

Don't just leave it at that!!!

Write again demanding your money back, make threats like they would if you owed them!!! Pull out all the stops TS's, OFT, FOS, demand a copy of their complaints procedure, threaten to take them to Court. They're just mucking you about, it's your money!!

Good luck, Dave.

Don't just leave it at that!!!

Write again demanding your money back, make threats like they would if you owed them!!! Pull out all the stops TS's, OFT, FOS, demand a copy of their complaints procedure, threaten to take them to Court. They're just mucking you about, it's your money!!

Good luck, Dave.

Hi dmd,

Would you or anybody with 'good' wording skills be able to draft a letter that I could send? I know your busy people, but i'm not brilliant a wording letters. Especially a demanding one....pathetic I know.:(

Best regards,

iwcmd.

First off get in touch with your local TS and explain to them what you have told us. They may make this whole thing painless.

Failing that a letter to Wescott should help.

Letter Before Action

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: xxxxxx

Following the telephone conversation with **Operator** I enclose a copy of my previous letter for your perusal and ease of reference.

The account with Vodaphone was closed on **DATE** and as such there is no longer an outstanding debt.

The funds that have been transferred form CrudSec on **DATE** are therefore surplus to requirements and such should be returned forthwith.

I require the return of said funds otherwise I will initiate a claim within the County Court system for

the FULL amount, as mentioned in the attached letter, as well as statutory interest and costs arising from litigation proceedings. This will necessitate further expense and time on both our behalf's.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which this matter will be resolved.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully,

BLAH

Short and sweet and to the point ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks CB, I was falling asleep on my feet last night!

Would you or anybody with 'good' wording skills be able to draft a letter that I could send?

You can't go far wrong with the letter from CB, be sure to send it first class signed for.

Keep us posted!

Good luck, dave.

Hi all,

Just a quick update..

I rang Wescot again today to investigate progress on returning my money to me.

I managed to speak to the very polite female I spoke to previously in the 'Vodafone Department', who informed me the situation was being dealt with and should be completely sorted out within 1 - 2 weeks when I will receive written conformation...(I hope!?!).

I'll just have to keep hanging on..:rolleyes:

regards,

Hi all,

Another update..

Its been 1 week since Wescot have received my letter asking for my money to be returned..!

I have spoken to them on the telephone 2/3 times since the letter was recieved and they have told me they are 'locating' my money and will be in contact within 1-2 weeks..!?!

Now I am getting alittle impatient..:evil:

Is it wise to telephone them again tomorrow and see what they say or should I just go for sending them the letter (CB kindly drafted) from my thread? Or both? :?

Thanks all.

regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all/CB,

The letter was sent Tuesday (recorded delivery), but still no proof of delivery via royalmail website yet...:(

Anyway, hopefully once they receive it things will start moving along faster.....!?! :rolleyes:

regards,

P.S. Is it still worth contacting TS or leave it until the 14 days have passed?

The letter was sent Tuesday (recorded delivery), but still no proof of delivery via royalmail website yet...:(

Hi all,

Just a qiuck update the royalmail track and trace showed the letter arrived on 19/10/07, but no electronic proof of signature yet...!?! :rolleyes:

P.S. Is it still worth contacting TS or leave it until the 14 days have passed?

CB/anybody,

Can you help/advise with the above? :confused:

regards,

iwcmd. :-)

i would still contact TS to highlight the behaviour of both these companys. They illegally held on to money that was yours.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i would still contact TS to highlight the behaviour of both these companys. They illegally held on to money that was yours.

Thanks. I will do that, but what TS would I contact the local one to me or the one in the DCA's district or both?

Also how do I get hold of the TS address(es)?

I've also heard mentioned on CAG that you can email TS. Is this method better/as good as writing to them? :confused:

Many thanks,

your local TS wold be the best place to start and your local council will be able to help you with being able to contact them.

• Haha 1

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...
Send them the letter and wait.

If they don't reply within 14 days then file for the return of the funds as mentioned.

I'm sure Wescott would love an N1 on their doormat ;)

Hi CB/all,

I have a reply to the letter I sent. Not good news.....:mad:

See this:

Microsoft Word - Wescot reply.pdf

I don't think I can get my money back now...:mad: :mad:

I spoke to Wescot today and was told the £280 would be forwarded to Vodafone, who then would send it onto Wescot to take off the outstanding balance...!?!

I asked if by law they could do this with MY money and they said 'yes' its totally legal...b*****ds! :mad:

They can fight me for the rest!!

iwcmd. :(

ok maybe not good news but if this is money for a account that is closed and vodafone have admitted it is closed then i assume no money is owed and they cant without this money. Best u ask CB tho