New info on claims? Verification anyone?

alecmac18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This post just went on Martin Lewis site:

I think we could have won!!!!!! - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Iv'e just had a phone call with my bank Alliance and Leicester (my new bank iv'e already cliamed against abbey and Lloyds). I was ringing them about unfair bank charges on my account. The lady called Janet was brutally honest and said not to worry about charges as they had just recieved info which will be posted to us (customers) very soon. She couldnt be specific but she did say the charges were being reduced drastically. I said does this have anything to do with the current court case and she said yes our moves are anticipation!!!! I also mentioned did she think it was possible that people would be automatically refunded and she said yes this is possible. At the end i asked for her address to complain about bank charges and she said oh theres no need to do that anymore all we have to do now is log this call?

I think this is it we have finally won and a possible automatic rebate is on the way thought you might be interested in this.

I will update as soon as i have more info I intend to ring the bank tomorrow and i'll update as soon as i get letter.

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.

don't mean anything.... A&L have already issued their new charging structure and it kills as much as the Lloyds one.

Plus, i've been on the phone with them today and Monday when i got a letter and still their position was 'go away, no more refund' (after offering a measly amount). So i don't know how that person got told what they did and i spoke to the manager as well.

Yesh - you are right - the new A&L charging structure still sucks big time.

But, consider this: what if A&L bank charge complaints team got called in for a team meeting to tell them about new changes to be introdued next week....................I'm just saying.............it is possible.............but you're right......unlikely.

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.

Well I wish that were true but as they closed my account yesterday without warning even though there is a complaint with the FOS re charges and hardship I think it was just a fed up member of staff that didn't fancy being shouted at anymore!

Hi

Re: Midge61 account closed yesterday.

Just wanted to know what you think? If the banks aren't paying out whilst the test case is going through, basically freezing everything. How can they with the other hand shut peoples accounts down who are claiming charges back. :confused:

Because with the waiver in place they know complaints won't get dealt with for a very long time so they can do what they like!

FOS were no help at all just said I need to raise another complaint ....so that make 3 against A&L!

I went to CAB and they were brill but the upshot is A&L have closed the account to me but not to them so they still accept money into it but I cant access it! CAB soon sorted that though. I have now been given permission to withdraw money going in next week but to do this I had to agree to make payment of £75 per mth for 6 mths and that would put me in credit by £420 and then A&L will allow me to ask for permission to have my access back!!

Anyway have insisted in all this in writing and will then send copies to FOS for my complaint.