sitcom123

Bank Charges and phone calls

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4706 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am currently £150 over my £50 overdraft mainly due to being charge £90 and £30 in bank charges last month. I have just had a telephone call from the TSB to my office phone in front of my collegues asking me why I am overdrawn and how do i intend to get the money back in my account. I just said that i was at work and couldnt discuss it. they said they will ring me back tonight at home. I just said right and put the phone down. what should i say to them tonight???? I do actually get paid on Thursday so my account will be in credit again. albeit for a short time as they will be charging me for the above!!!!

Tell them that if their charges weren't so high (and unlawful) in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem ;)

Seriously, refuse to answer their "security questions" and tell them to write instead.

I would also tell them under no circumstances must they ring you at your place of work !!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

They are in clear breach of regulations by phoning you at work and they should be reminded of that, also tell them that you will only communicate with them in writing. Time to start calculating your total charges and getting them to pay them back as well

Thats what i do! :rolleyes:

I tell them that i am not prepared to disclose personal information untill i know who they are. All you got to do when they phone and say " can i just run through security so i know i am speaking to the account holder" is answer " how do i know i am speaking to someone from the bank?"

Its quite amusing when the person on the other end cant answer that.

Good luck and happy claiming

Lloyds TSB £816.67 ***WON***

:D

Abbey Bank £705.00 ***WON***

Mbna Europe £365.00 ***WON***

Halifax a/c 1 £335... ***WON***

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!