Quick Question Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, im wondering if anyone can please help me with this one..

My inlaws, used to bank with the halifax. They use this account primarily for receipt of their state pensions, and to pay their bills.

Over the past couple of months, they have had bank charges in the region of £39 a time, for going 39p O/D, for less than a day.

Example being, bank bal end of mon is £35.50, dd due out on wed for £35.90. First thing wed morning, (9.05am by t'internet banking, immediate transfer) they transfer over £10 to cover the full amount of the DD. But because the bank 'takes any debits between the hours of 2 and 5am' (as told by the bank), they were o/d by the amount of 40p; and hit with a £39 charge.

Queried this with the halifax, and got the charge reversed. After this happening a couple of times, they had enough, opened another account with the abbey. They are now closing the old halifax account.

Now the halifax, are saying that the FULL balance of their halifax credit card MUST be repayed all in one hit.

Question time.. Because they are pensioners, and their sole income is entirely from their state pension. Can the halifax force them to pay their CC in full in one swipe??

Thanks for your time

be safe

Nige

aka The JGG

Someone who knows more than me (practically everyone:)) will,no doubt, be along to give you a better answer than mine. I can't for the life of me see why they would demand that the CC be paid in full. Although they are run by the same company, I don't believe they are inextricably linked.

Halifax seem to have a habit of acting strange lately. At the end of July I received a letter from thie retail collections department stating that my ovverdraft facility would be withdrawn on the 10th of August. In my panic I opened an account with Nationwide and moved all my transactions to that account. In the process I forgot to canel a standing order so ended up incurring a charge. Anyway, I phoned them up and was told it was to do with how I was running my account.. August 10th came, overdrat was still there. Time came for renwal of the overdraft. Got a letter saying the overdraft had been renewed, strange.

Sorry for rambling on there. The first thing I would do is see about claiming back any charges from the bank account, then go down the CCA route for the credit card to see if it says anything on that about having to pay in full. As long as you are making regular payments towards the CC I don't see what they can do about it anyway

Sorry I can't be of more help.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

thanks for your valuable input dj.

The bank charges are nil, as each time they have been refunded, apart from the last one.

I will try the CCA route with them, and see what that brings up. I know for a fact there will be no charges on it, as they are of the opinion that all bills should be paid asap.

Thanks again, and sorry to hear they have been messing you around. Hopefully 'we' will get everything resolved with all the banks in time :)

hope your having a good one

be safe

nige

No this doesnt need to be paid in 1 go.

Send the SAR and claim back all those charges, then when you win, they can take the money from the charges to clear the cc.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

What I meant by going the CCA route was to see if there is any mention of having to pay in full. Like I said as long as they are getting at least the minimum payment every month then there's not much they can do about it...I think.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07