style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thinking a useful addition might be a letters thread where any consumers replies to banks etc. could be posted for reference or copying.

I know we have the templates which are absolutely great but there are a lot of letters out there which i have found a great reference but can take ages to find. An example would be if the bank offers a small settlement and you want to write back accepting it as an interim payment I was looking for a letter for this today and it took me ages to find but if the letters were all in one place then this would be very helpful.

Woolfie

• Confused 4

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Dear Mr Banker

Thank you for your offer of £xxx.xx as part settlement of my claim.

Your offer is not satisfactory, although I am prepared to accept this sum, unconditionally, in part-settlement of my FULL claim of £yyy.yy.

I shall continue to proceed with my action to recover the remainder of my claim.

I don't feel this should be a 'template' as it is just a couple of lines saying thanks but no thanks. What are the other 'lots of letters' you can't find templates for?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I agree that it shouldnt be a template however a sub thread with the letters in it would be good.

Bookworm did a really good letter to Barclaycard which took into account the estimate of charges due to the DPA information that was given.

These are the sort of letters that should be in the sub-thread.

It, hopefully, would make things easier to find for newer users of the site.

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

woolfie

agree that it shouldnt be a template however a sub thread with the letters in it would be good.

I agree.

It took me quite a long time to research all the options I might need.

To have them all in one thread would have been a great help and saved a lot of time. Not everyone has the luxury of having plenty of free time - like me.

I am posting all my litigation correspondence with Nationwide in my thread to help the newcomers and give them confidence.

jwright

27.04 Prelim NATIONWIDE

Data Protection Act CO-OP

28.04 Response CO-OP

24.05 Data Protection Act GE MONEY

31.05 Response GE MONEY

03.06 Moneyclaim NATIONWIDE

23.06. Letter from Charles Bacon - partial settlement.

26.06 J Wright to Charles Bacon: thanks - but no thanks

04.07. Default Notice served

06.07 Allocation Questionaire

07.07 28 days up for above

NATIONWIDE SETTLED IN FULL 18.07.06

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what I was thinking ( or sort of )

but yes, as this site grows with its wealth of information and advice it starts to become very very time consuming and difficult to find exactly what letters forms etc are needed, especially for newbies.

good idea.

:rolleyes:

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/ :)

Abbey Current Account claim for charges £1307.11

26/01/07 Awaiting court date

25/01/07 Courts lost my file!! Said it will be sorted soon

23/11/06 Defence recieved from Abbey

20/11/06 Statements a full 6 years received

16/11/06 AQ completed & submitted

30/11/06 Claim number 6SQ06250 recieved from courts

24/10/06 Claim submitted to courts x3 copies

21/08/06 Prelim letter asking for it back, sent to Pam Speed. 14 days up 05/09/06.

21/08/06 Data Protection Act non compliance letter sent. 7 days up 29/08/06

11/07/06 Reply to Pam Speed Data Protection Act fob off letter.

10/07/06 Data Protection Act fob off letter received from Abbey. dated 06/07/06.

29/06/06 Data Protection Act statement request sent