The Cobbett Slayers Oz Thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry - Hijacked a thread there.

So far so good but there is a long way to go before we are settled.

I'm looking forward to having the dogs back. We've been to see them in quarintine but we couldn't bring them home. It's been tough but we all got by.

House is great - couldn't have hoped for better. Mrs Slayer has got a job that pays an awful lot off money but the cost of living here is quite high ( a pack of nappies costs the equivilent of 23 quid).

I'll be looking for work soon but there is no rush with Mrs Slayers salary. My qualification is portable worldwide but me and Mrs Slayer are agreed that if we can manage without me working then I'll just be a house husband. We'll see about that.

It's now 7 am. I'm off to sort out baby slayer before I go and pick the car up. He's certainly adapted to the time difference.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Do I take it you have emigrated?

Just a little bit. xx

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Glad you are all loving it, am so jealous

£23!!! FFS, do you want us to send you some

We are potty training very fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

When, why is it permanent? Have you told us before? Are you enjoying it?

4 weeks ago, because we could, yes it is, yes I did and yes we are!

Did that help:D

A little bit but I feel I've missed a leaving party or something:)

Stop stressing Giz;) - there was no party. Me and the family went to Spain for the week before we left. That way it didn't seem so strange not having the hounds around and not having anything of our own!

We're thinking of having a CAG do here. We can accomodate 6 and those that need taxis home will have to plan in advance as there aren't many that will go to the UK.

Don't get too excited by the weather - it's currently 13 degrees here (it's also 9.30 in the evening). It's not actually that much different to "home".

I'm sure it will be OK in the summer though:)

It's October now!

Not wanting to wind you up or anything but it's currently 19 degrees (I believe it's about 6 degrees in Mansfield)

I'm stunned at how well Baby Slayer has adapted. Why else would I be up at this time in the morning.

Mrs Slayer is settling into her new job but the pace of life here is so laid back. The neighbours are great. They are like our best freinds ever and we have only known them for a few weeks.

Going to do something sensible now like get baby slayer some breakfast

Which bit of Ozz are you in - some of my relatives live there - have done for years - think ones' in Perth - such a big country though! - were you from Mansfield or is that giz - been about 16ish degrees here today and lovely - pleased you're loving it .

Not wanting to wind you up or anything but it's currently 19 degrees (I believe it's about 6 degrees in Mansfield)

I'm stunned at how well Baby Slayer has adapted. Why else would I be up at this time in the morning.

Hmph! :( You're a total wind-up merchant! Weather here is .................... cr*p!!!!!!

I bet baby slayer's loving every minute. Expecially having a chilled out mum and dad enjoying the nice weather!

Daft question, but is there anything you miss yet? Like......... rain, impending cold weather, sleet/hail/snow/gail force winds, doom and gloom in the economy, penalty charges, rising crime rate............... ???? Anything????!!!! ;):D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hmph! :( You're a total wind-up merchant! Weather here is .................... cr*p!!!!!!

I bet baby slayer's loving every minute. Expecially having a chilled out mum and dad enjoying the nice weather!

Daft question, but is there anything you miss yet? Like......... rain, impending cold weather, sleet/hail/snow/gail force winds, doom and gloom in the economy, penalty charges, rising crime rate............... ???? Anything????!!!! ;):D

You forgot to say us hedgey!!

You forgot to say us hedgey!!

We're the only bright spots in the doom and gloom that is England hun! If our Cobbett Slayer misses nothing else............. at least he'll miss us!!!! PMSL!!!! :D :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Nahhhhhhhh, you're never too old hun!

So get yourself on the appropriate websites and start totting up your points. If it's any consolation, I'm doing the same thing at the mo for Canada!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Nahhhhhhhh, you're never too old hun!

So get yourself on the appropriate websites and start totting up your points. If it's any consolation, I'm doing the same thing at the mo for Canada!!! :D

How where?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Oooooh......... all you need to do is google 'emigrate to canada' - it comes up with a load of websites that calculate how many points you already have accrued and what you need to do to secure residency. There's one particular website (I'll forward it from my faves to you if you like) that really goes into the process in-depth. You'd have mega points with your profession gizmo! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

All Depends on which profession lol!!!!!!!

Depends what you've got in mind!!!!

I put 'nutter' down on mine ............ I may have to revamp!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well I have to say I thought you were tlaking about points for a free holiday, my mind was already in Mexico.

Seems my profession is in demand woolley:p and australia and new zealand want me - can't find the canada link though.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.