Dusputed account?

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would say it is in dispute the minute they receive that request because you are asking them to prove the debt, so therfore raisign a dispute until they clarify the position, it is not unenforceable until they have had it for 12 days.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I have to agree with Gizmo, the account is disputed at the point which they recieve the letter notifying them as such

just to clarify the 12 days Gizmo refers to are working days not calander days

finally you are right alf, they will tell you anything to get you to pay so keep your guard up mate

Kind Regards

paul

By the very fact that you state that the account is in dispute it is. It does not take two parties to dispute something. What on earth do they think I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU means.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yup. Account is in 'dispute' as soon as you raise the issue. 'Default' is a different thing altogether. These 'phone monkeys' have trouble with any words consisting of more than one syllable. 'Pay - us - now' is about their limit.

What are you doing talking to them anyway????

Now you've disputed the account, get EVERYTHING IN WRITING!

That's dealing with creditors rule no.1!!

;)