StudentInDebt vs Sainsbury's Bank Visa Card

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5250 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

DPA Request sent 28th April, full set of statements received within 2 weeks.

Refund request for £90.00 sent 16 June following the forum template.

Reply received today:

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the charges applied to the above numbered account.

As per the terms and conditions of your original agreement, which you signed to confirm you had read, understood and agreed to be bound by. Charges will be applied to your account on each occasion that the minimum payment is not received by the due date shown on the statement.

After assessing the OFT findings our late payment charges will be reduced as from 1st August 2006.

In view of the above, I regret to advise I am unable to refund the charges in question as they were applied to your account as per your original agreement. Until 1st August existing terms and conditions will apply.

I trust this clarifies the situation. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our call centre on the above number.

Yours sincerely

etc

LBA sent today!!

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I requested they return the credit balance on my account to me and they duly raised 2 cheques in error. Whilst I called immediately to let them know I've just received a statement showing both cheques and interest on the negative balance they created!!! Given the general level of incompetence I experienced when dealing with them - letters sent to the wrong address, cheques sent to both my previous and current address - I informed them when I told them about the cheques that I would not be entering into any further discussion with them regarding their mistakes, can't wait for my next statement showing a late payment!!

Oh and the refund included the £10 Data Protection Act fee, they had credited it to my account.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.