credit ref agengies-data protection act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, because as far as i am aware, in signing up to use the banks services you explicitly give them permission to hand information over to them for the prevention of fraud, and as a safeguard for the banks..

you do however have a right to see this information, including the full credit report from the said agancies (sometimes for a small fee) and they are under a legal obligation to correct any discrepancies within that information.. so it might be worth taking that route.

I like this site because of the following:

Halifax: Settled in full (£898.00 out of court)

Abbey: Various charges refunded totalling approx £600.00

Homebase: Consumer issue sorted - found all info here before even asking.

Travian games: in progress (started 22-09-07)

Not under the DPA. However there is nothing stopping you crossing out the terms or conditions that you do not wish to abide by. The end result is you may well receive the service you require and have additional leverage to keep your data private. However, the firm also has the right to disagree with these modifications and refuse to provide the service.

Mind you, if we ALL did this, they may be forced to reconsider.... but since the majority don't really care, this will never be an issue.

absolutely you can rescind that part of your waiver you are demanding that they cease all proccessing of your data to any party excluding the police the taxman and the courts...you refuse to give permision to process data to any other source except for those you have listed failure to coply with this order and you shall take action uder the DPA act....well done bus as you know this is a particular thorn to me for a few years and i have just recently started doing this to all my contract,to date not one has objected to my wishes including banks...but i aint finished with this one yet i think a lot on here are starting to come round to the fact of this abuse of the DPA,some may argue and most DCAs dont give two hoots about DPA because at the moment they know its not the uk citizens that arent objecting its the fact that the ICO are deliberately ignoring the abuses and if you saw my thread last night JOHN REDWOOD of the Conservatives want to scrap the DPA altogether....its up to us to put this one to bed once and for all by forcing the ICO to act.....i will get of my high horse now

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

thanks curly its time we did this ,imo experium and othors have had too much say over this and i cannot see how on earth they have got away with this for so long without being challenged,people have just accepted that it is the norm yet their is nothing officialy on paper anywhere i am in cheers

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Just a thought but could people with bad credit not just serve the credit reference agencies a notice under the data protection act to cease processing their personal data? Or are the credit reference agencies for some reason exempt to this?

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

hi dave the CRAs are exept up to a point of they have the right to process the data amongst banks ,they say for the banks and lending institutes protection,but if you find any adverse credit data that is untrue you are within your rights to complain to the ICO and also to who ever put the wrong information to them in the first place you are also within your rights to SAR experium for all data they have supplied to others and also demand they put right this data and also make them inform anyone in writing they have passed this data to.hope this clarifies it somewhat

The ‘sale’ or assignment of debts on defaulted accounts

52 When the rights to a debt are sold to a third party, the lender has to make sure the records with the credit reference agency are accurate, up to date and adequate. If they want information about the debts to continue on the credit reference file they will need to come to an agreement with the purchaser about who is to be responsible for this.

53 If the purchaser agrees to take control of the record, the customer should be informed that the debt has been sold or assigned and to whom. The credit reference agency file should be changed to show the name of the purchaser and that the rights to the debt have been sold or assigned. The purchaser should then make sure the record is kept up to date including changes to the amount still owed. The purchase should not affect how long the record is kept. It should be removed six years after the default.

54 Where the purchaser of the debt does not agree to take control of the record, the original lender, and at least in part the credit reference agency, will remain responsible if the original record is kept on the file. When the debt is sold or assigned, the customer will no longer owe any money to the original lender. If the record is not removed, the sale or assignment should be recorded and the balance should be shown as

zero. The customer should still be told who the debt has been sold or assigned to.