A little lost! HSBC arrangement fee newbie - Please help

nazmobile
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I'm another newbie and i'm kind of lost as to how to go about the whole reclaiming process.

Basically i'm a HSBC account holder and i have a graduate account with an overdraft limit of £1000. the limit recently has been reduced to £500 interest free but it stayed at the £1000 so i'd pay debit interest if it went over £500 which is fine.

However recently i've gone over the £1000 and i was due to make a deposit into my account only to find out that i have arrangement fees £150 added without any form of contact. I'm not really good with the whole understanding the bank it's systems and so i wanted to know if i should pay the £150 and leave it at that - as i can't really afford it to rise anymore

or do i make the payment and then try to reclaim it. Thing is i don't know how strong my case is as i'm a recent graduate who has struggled to get my account back into credit. I am in employment but it's not a high salary.

Any advice please would be helpful.

I am thinking of calling my bank tonight to try and figure out what the next step is.

Hi Naz and welcome to the site. You will get plenty of help and advice with your claim on this site. Firstly can I ask you to start a thread in the Hsbc forum whare you will get more specific help. Just click on this link HSBC Bank and start your own thread in that forum. Yhey are a friendly bunch on there and will give you a warm welcome and plenty of help.

Hi Naz.

Belated welcome, but at least you've got Freakyleaky aboard. Listen to what,and do, what he says.

I'm in the same boat. Yup £150 a throw for 'arrangement fees' The *ankers

couldn't 'arrange' the proverbial urinary discharge in a brewery.

You've probably had a computer generated letter telling you to 'seek advice' from several named sources. I have. The National Debtline told me to open a parachute account and claim back.

The swine have been nicking my pension (only source of income for two humans and two dachshunds),

I sent the 'Benefits First Appropriation' letter (qv) a week ago. No response.

But also think I have managed to stop Gordon Grim's stipend going into the account on Monday.

My limit is also £1000.

The phone has been going mad with calls from the Philippines.

Mrs. Van thinks they are from a floozy I met there as the caller doesn't leave a message on the answering machine.

Going to be an interesting week ahead methinks, but I've managed to pay my mortgage already from the parachute account.

Gawd bless 'em all.

Good luck.

Vandermerwe