Halifax - Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Need some input from you guys out there.I have a bank account with Halifax and i have a £800 overdraft,however i have received a letter saying that they are withdrawing the overdraft in two weeks.Which will be 26/09/07. I was told it is due to my Halifax credit card that i have not paid.To cut a long story short my mother had terminal cancer and died last year.It has drained my finances and i tried my very best to make sure my mum had no money worries. Hence,abused the cards and have got into a mess with them. My mothers house is up for sale at the moment and as soon as it is sold i will be able to pay off my debts.However, in the mean time i rang the Halifax and explained this,they told me they want £80.00 a month.I said i cannot afford this as i already pay a loan that i have with them. They basically said if i want to continue to use the accout then i must pay the amount stated each month.

The porblem i have is i have my wages paid into this account also i have read on other forums, Halifax can take money from my bank account to pay my card. I have very little money as it is without them taking money from account.

Should i open another basic account and arrange to pay a reasonable amount to Halifax that i can afford. I did ask them over the phone and they said i can fax a financial statement to them but i would not be able to use my account with them,i persume they would close my account and i would just pay the debt off each month.

I would appreciate a any feedback.

• Haha 1

Hi Dazzle93

By the sound of things youve had a really bad time and Id like to offer my condolences on the passing of your mother.

I lost my mum 5yrs ago and I know how your feeling, The stress you must have been under is enough to take anyone down but to be put under more by the banks must be truly awful for you.

I think perhaps you should waste no time in sending off a SAR's letter to the bank requesting all information on your account.

Im not 100% sure but I think if it was shown that the account is in dispute then they would find it harder to try and collect any monies from you.

Send the letter recorded delivery and then they have 40 days to comply with your request.

I hope that someone else will be able to give you some advice also in case Im a bit off croc.

Perhaps a site helper would come and look at your post for you.

Someone like SSL would know more than myself .

I wish you the very best of Luck . Any probs or questions please do not hesitate to yell on here and someone will be around.

Regards.:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Thanks Overflow.

Its been an horrific time to be honest, i lost my dad seven years ago as well.I have lost both of them in such a sort time. Thank you for your condolences,much appreciated.

Can you give me some kind of guidance in how i do a SAR? i know nothing about claiming anything back?

Thanks

Hi Dazzle

Dont worry about not knowing anything we've all been there.On here you'll find you are learning all the time.

Just look at the links Tilly has given you and read as much as you can.

You'll be amazed at how fast you'll pick it all up, and then you'll be able to advise other newbies yourself soon.

If you have any questions or probs though please dont hesitate to ask on here . we are always around.

Good Luck .

Regards :)

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Good advice given up there.

Have a look here as well.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Keep us informed - but get that SAR off smartish!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I am so sorry to hear about your mum, i kmow exactly how you feel.:(

It would be a good idea to maybe have another account so you can have more control over your money.

Here is a list of accounts and what they offer.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

I know this site can be over whelming at first. But please ask any questions you need.

As you have seen there are always plenty of people offering advice. So there is no need to get stuck.

As you have been advised get your SAR sent off and get the ball rolling.

It might be worth doing a budget sheet to show your incomings and outgoings.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

dazzle please can you update us on what happened re the overdraft.

Did it get removed on the date stated?

Lloyds TSB £816.67 ***WON***

:D

Abbey Bank £705.00 ***WON***

Mbna Europe £365.00 ***WON***

Halifax a/c 1 £335... ***WON***

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!

Hi Folks,

Sorry,i have not your read your threads but i have been poorly with an infection.

Yes, the bank have removed the overdraft and i have sent letters to them offering amount that is sensible to pay. See what happens next,i will update you all.

I have opened another bank basic bank account which will help alot with gaining control.

I am update with all my priorty debts (rent,electric,water,gas,council taz etc) its the credit card,overdraft and a loan. Once i have plans in place for them,life should be easier,thats if they accept!!

I shall i have a read up with S.A.R and next steps etc.

Once again my sincere thank you to all the posts.

Dazzle93:)

• Haha 1

Hi Dazzle

Sorry to hear youve been poorly ,but glad your on the mend now.

Re your plans for cc overdraft and loan. If you propose a sum to the bank that you can sensibly afford , leaving yourself enough to live on , I dont think they can refuse to accept it.

I had a freind once who was in more or less the same situ as yourself moneywise. She was advised by the CAB to offer them what she couls reasonably afford each week , the bank refused so she told them she would see them in court then cause she couldnt afford any more, they took her to court and once the judge heard what she had to live on she ended up paying the bank even less than she had offered.

May be worth a try for you.

Regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Dazzle,

As long as you make a reasonable offer that you can afford the bank does not have a choice really, as overflow has said if they take you to court the chances are that the court will award a lower rate. This happened to me in slightly different circumstances a few years ago

. If you call at you local CAB they will be able to give you an income/expenditure sheet to fill out to show the bank where your money is going, and do not skimp on some expenditures that may seem pointless, things like clothing, entertainment etc. you are allowed to have a life, and enjoy it. I did one and was told to put all these things down as you are expected to spend something on your self. Good luck and keep us posted, you have already been getting good advice and will continue to do so from the super peeps here.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Quick update -

Received a letter today demanding i pay back my overdraft,asking me to call a number to make arrangements.However,Monday last week i posted and faxed through my financial statement as well as what i am able to afford. Shame they haven't replied to my letter and faxes yet! And i have proof of posting.

Shall wait to middle of the week and see i receive any responses. I certainly will not be rinigng them as i tried to talk to someone and was told basically i have to pay.

:)

You dont have to call them, you have sent the paper work and you know they recieved it, so wait for a reply to that.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Dear All, Quick update - Overdraft - accepted payment offer for two months.Loan - Letter received today asking me to call them and discuss it.What should i do? ring them ? send a another letter saying that is my offer? Credit cards - accpeted payment offer.Thats all for now, i await for some feedback

I would just send letter restating your offer. I you phone them they will pressure or threaten you into paying more than you can afford. If they refuse to accept the offer then let them take you to court, and you attend the hearing, explain to Judge your offer, show him all that you are doing to clear your debts, he will be on your side as you are trying to do something about your financial situation and either tell them to accept or he may even order you to pay a lower amount. It will not go as far as a court case as they will be well aware of the probable outcome. Just stick to your guns and good luck !!

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Good for you Dazzle, stick to your guns and it will all work out for you.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

We are all behind you. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Hi Folks,

Opened a new account with Natwest,just a basic account. Sent payment proposals to Halifax for overdraft and loan again.Just waiting to see what reply i get.

Thankfully all my other utility bills up to date and my rent.

Going to give it a go with claiming back my charges.I have been reading all the forums and shall be reading step by step guide.

I will let you know,what happens next.

:)

• Haha 1

You know where we all are if you need us. :D

F&Q's... Read here