Barclays black mark

ianandemma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have recently got a copy of my credit report from experian and the file shows under the credit account information as

Barclays Bank PLC - Current Account - Started - 20/11/03 overdraft balance - £0.00 - settled - 24/05/2007 status history 0001.

Can anyone advise on what I can do to have the 1 removed - if possible the whole entry from the credit files?

1) I never had a current account it was a restricted cash card account.

2) I am in dispute over the charges (which make up the only time ever money has been owed to barclays) so the score of 1 should not be there and can only relate to charges which I did pay but have since disputed to the point before taking them to small claims as i mention above.

3) I am sure i have never signed a consumer credit agreement with them because it was just a cash card account so should they have the right to register this small black mark against me under the xredit account information section?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ian

Hi,

As this is really a debt query, I'll ask for someone to take a look for you.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Getting information removed from your credit file can be a long and frustrating process but it can be done. The first thing to do is write to the bank and ask that they remove it (I'll warn you in advance that they probably won't but you have to go through these steps). Also write to the CRA and inform them that you believe the information yo be wrong and you would like it to be removed (again they probably won't and will probably tell you they need permission from the bank - but you need to at least ask the CRA to remove it before you go through the next steps).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.