Location of many DCA's

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed that a vast percentage of the DCA's that collect debt from English debtors are based in Scotland.

Is there some reason for this? Prevention from being prosecuted under Englaish law prehaps? I don't know. But does seem rather odd that most of them, esspecially the pond bottom feeders are registered up there?

My theory is that Glasgow is where all benefits are sent out and our national insurances are mainly from Scotland head office there as well, therefore when the **** rings up they say that they are from Glasgow, people are inclined to stay with the call. Pensions also based in Glasgow as well. I am sure there must be some more benefits being in Glasgow and I can think of any more I will let you know. :!:

I have noticed that a vast percentage of the DCA's that collect debt from English debtors are based in Scotland.

I'm not sure you could call it a vast percentage, but certainly some of the better known DCA's are based in Scotland.

Is there some reason for this? Prevention from being prosecuted under Englaish law prehaps?

When was the last time (or the first time come to that) that you heard of a DCA being prosecuted?

If a company based in Scotland commits an offence in England then it can be prosecuted under the law of the country it commits the offence in e.g. English Law.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The Central belt has a large number of call centre and 'service' industries because the Scottish Executive gave companies tax breaks etc to attract businesses to the area. The fact it attracted DCA's and their ilk is just down to the fact it is a cheap place to set up and run a business, plus if you have a high staff turnover, (which they usually do) there is an abundance of people in that particular area suitable for that type of work. The jobcentres tend to 'guide' people in that direction if they are having difficulty finding work, or they are looking for hours that suit. I don't think many people work there because it is their first choice, it's more likely to be because there's not much else on offer.

That's just an opinion... but there is a certain logic to it.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I would tend to agree with you Danny. A lot of jobs in Scotland are unfortunately now call centre jobs as incentives were provided. They make the unemployment figures look good but pay peanuts.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.