Alf -v- Studio Cards

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOoooo it would be so funny to see their faces if you did Alf:D

Out of interest I had a reply from FOS today re my complaint about Studio back in January.The letter explained that due to the high number of complaints recieved by them about this particular company it was taking longer than anticipated to resolve the matter but that they would keep me updated and be in touch regularly with any updates.

If you haven't complained to FOS already Alf it might be a good idea because it seems like they are taking an interest:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

No Alf i did not.

I will post what l sent them on my thread. It is similar to the one i wrote as i was going along earlier in the thread.

Alf if you want i will post it on here and you could use it yourself. I will Give you the address for the main head office as well if you want.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ok alf i will do that when i get 5 minutes.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

the letter i sent them.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE. LETTER BEFORE FSO INVOLVEMENT

Dear Sir or madam.

Re Studio Cards Account number XXXXXXXXX

I am writing to request that you take this matter up on my behalf. I want to make very clear to you though that l don’t want this matter passed on to studio cards as they have failed to deal with my complaints and failed to comply with the consumer credit act of 1974.

I am complaining to you because on XX XXX XX I made a formal request to Studio cards for my signed consumer credit agreement. They responded to me by sending me a unsigned copy of a sample credit agreement. This is the letter dated XX XXXXX XX.

I replied to them ,XXXXXXX, explaining that this did not fall under the consumer credit act and gave them another opportunity to supply me with a true copy of my Credit Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

.On the XXXXXX l received a letter from studio cards saying they had supplied all information and that the account was a legitimate account according to studio cards. This letter is dated the XXXXXX.

I pointed out to them by letter on XXXXXX that they the account they are trying to collect on is not legitimate as they have not supplied me with my copy of a consumer credit agreement and that I cant have signed this agreement as they have Never supplied me with one. I also sent them a section 10 notice under the data protection act.

On XXXXXX l received a letter from studio cards completely ignoring my letter and saying they reiterate what the letter dated XXXXXXX said and that they will be passing this account on to a debt collection agency as of XXXXXXX date if the payment is not made. This letter is dated the XXXXXXX.

As you will be fully aware for studio cards to pass this account on to a debt collection agency would be breaking the consumer credit act of 1974 as studio cards have not supplied me with my credit agreement and have failed to deal with my further complaints.

Unless I hear from you within 21days saying that as a gesture of good will you are returning to the account all illegal charges that are shown on the enclosed spread sheet and you are closing the account and that not further action will be taken and l will be making a formal complaint to the relevant authorities which will include FSO and my MP. I also reserve the right to contact anyone else I feel fit that needs to be made aware of the illegal way studio cards have been operating this may include local and national newspapers as well as the BBC news .

I hope this action will not Need to be taken.

Yours faithfully

Christina Branson

I also sent them the schedule of charges and every letter studio send me on the matter.

As normal anything in red needs to be from you. I would also suggest that you put in about Robbersway.

the address u will need is.

Express Gifts LTD.

Express House

Petre Rd

clayton le moors Business Park Accrington

BB5 5JB

• 2 weeks later...

Well no break from Robberscum, Easter or not.

Letter this morning dated 20/03/08. Balanced increased again by a £20 charge after the OC Studio have just refunded all the previous charges.

NOTICE OF HOME VISIT

Your debt is still unpaid in spite of previous letters, and call ( I have replied to all your letters and told you to bog off. NO CCA = NO PAY and you have never called here )

Before court action is taken we will make arrangements for a local debt collector to call upon you at your home, to secure an arrangement for full payment. ( Well take me to court then as you wil be getting nothing out of me on a disputed account )

WITHIN THE NEXT 7 - 1O DAYS YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SENT TO A LOCAL DEBT COLLECTOR.

Call us if you would prefer to agree a payment plan with this office, or if you wish to arrange an appointment for our representative to visit you. ( what I would prefer is you to sod off and stop giving my grief over an account you cannot lawfully pursue, but that it too much to hope for, where taking Robberscum Law here )

As anybody ever had a visit from these prats or one of their representatives?

He will be sorry he ever turned up on my doorstep.

I feel a chrissi special cuming up.

Dear Morons.

I write reqarding your letter dated 20th March 2008.

As you will be aware you dont have any legal rite to collect on this debt due to there being no Consumer credit agreement.

If i do not recieve from you, within 7 days of you recieving this letter, a letter saying you are not going to be taking any further action then i will be forced to take you to court for harassement and have and injunction taken out against you from ever contacting me regarding this debt.

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS LETTER THEN PLEASE PASS IT TO SOMEBODY WHO DOES. IGNORING THIS LETTER IS NOT A OPTION.

yours

ALF

well end the letter i posted to them and put the valid even if not read by u at the top.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the penny has finally dropped at Robbersways' offices since I got TS involved. I received 3 letters this morning, 2 from Robbersway dated the 08 April 08.

First is;

**SPECIAL INVITATION **SUBSTANTIAL REDUCTION**SPECIAL INVITATION

After reveiwing recent transactions on your account (what transactions are these then, I haven't made any) our client has today authorised us to offer you a substantial reduction to help you clear this debt.

CALL 0870 241 5830 TODAY TO FIND OUT WHAT DISCOUNT IS ON OFFER TO YOU.

THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS.

Second letter from them dated same day;

We refer to the above account and acknowledge your recent communication.

Having now reveiwed your comments, we can advise you that your account has been returned to our client and will no longer be managed by this office.

All future payments and correspondence must therefore be sent to our client.

This was also confirmed by Trading Standards letter dated the 09 April 08

Robinson,Way & Company

Further to my email concerning your compliant about Robinson, Way & Company, I have now had a responce from them.

Robinson, Way have confirmed that the debt relates to a Studio Cards account. As they have been unable to provide a copy of the agreement this debt has now been passed back to Studio. You should therefore receive no further correspondence from Robinson, Way.

So It would appear they have got the message in the end and give up the ghost, as they haven't no chance of enforcing the debt.

Will just have to wait now until the next bunch of low lifes are instructed by Studio to collect.

I think now might be the time to contact Studio again and offer the F/F settlement they reufused last time. After they have removed all the charges that is.

Well i think they need to accept a f+f from you as that is the only way they will get any money.

I would make it very claer to them that you have contacted TS and they have said that as a credit agreement cant be provided robinson way have passed the account back to you.

What i would also do is CC in trading standards on every letter from now on.

Take a look at my thread as i have put a letter up which i am sending them as a F+F

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after this unenforcable Studio account was passed back to to Studio by Robbinson Way, with a little help from TS. I had heard nothing until today.

Letter from Mackenzie Hall;

IMPORTANT - DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

Dear Mrs X

We have been instructed by our client to recover this OVERDUE ACCOUNT on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any LEGITIMATE REASON FOR NON-PAYMENT of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, THEY WILL NOT HESITATE TO TAKE SUCH FURTHER ACTION AS MAY BE APPROPRIATE.

We trust this will not be neccesary and would request that you send your PAYMENT BY THE DEADLINE BELOW to the address at the top of this letter to avoid action.

PAYMENT DEADLINE NOON 31st JULY 2008

Does anyone have a letter along the lines of;

Account still disputed with OC, no CCA, which they confirmed was not available, and previous DCA robbinson Way returned the account to their client, so I suggest you do the same.

Or something to that effect.

Many thanks

Alf

Well you KNOW if Muckie Hall have it you have won ;)

File under ignore for now, maybe send a final bog off letter IF they send anything else.

Edited by Curlyben
cos I can ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 months later...

tut tut tut.

Now mucky hall there are rules u have broken.

OFT guidelines on debt recovery clearly state not allowed to ask for credit card/debit card payments it is called extending borrowing.

Dear Morons.

Re your letter dated XXXXXXXXXX.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO THIS COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT.

I am writing to you as dispite intervention from TS studio cards have illegally passed you this alleged debt.

The debt is in serious dispit as i have now been waiting for a valid cca form studio cards for over a year now and under the cca of 1974 they are not allowed to enforce this debt at all until they can provide me the info.

As studio have already admitted to me they dont have a copy of the cca that would prove this debt.

So please bugger off and stop harrassing me as i feel failure to do this would result in a full complaint to TS and the FOS.

Rock on Chrissy, tell it how it is. LOL

If I have a spare 36p in the week I might write to the balloons.

I just remembered they enclosed a prepaid envelope to return payment. So enclosed a bog off letter instead. LOL

At least it will ensure it is opened, if they think there is coin in it they will not be able to wait to get their greedy little mits on it.

Love to see their face when they find it doesn't. LOL

Nice use of a pre paid envelope. I do that with the junk that comes from studio.

• 1 month later...

Well the Kilmarnock Cowboys still don't get the drift of my 2 bog off letters.

Got another ideal threat this morning;

"You have been written to on numerous occassions, however the above debt remains outstanding. To avoid further action, a monthly repayment plan must be in place within the next 7 days.

Therefore, as a gesture of goodwill, our client will accept the account to be paid by monthly instalments poviding the Standing Order Mandate is completed, signed and returned to Makenzie Hall within the next 7 days.

On receipt of the mandate being returned, Makenzie Hall will not take any further action against you providing you do not default on payments."

They are asking for £10 a month, which of course they will not be getting. Think they are just after a signiture to crop and swap to an agreement.

Well as a gesture of good will I will not report you to the OFT and tranding standards. :D

Maybe I lie :p Dream on cowboys, no payment, signiture or anything else will be heading to the highlands