Urgent help required! Buying a car without V5 document in need of advice

RyRy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am due to buy a car without a V5 document as the owner of the car was not sent a new V5 when he originally purchased the car but failed to chase this matter with the DVLA.

He has the new keeper supplement for the car, 2 keys, mot (at least 2) service history and receipt of his purchase from a dealer. I have also perfomed a HPi check on the car and everything came out clear. The car is not stolen, the mileage is legit, it has not been recorded as a total loss by insurance and is not on the at risk list etc etc.

Obviously the DVLA do not recommend you buy a car without a V5 but then they do have an option for that on the V62 form so it must happen.

I am basically just worried that if I fill in a V62 and the DVLA contact the person that is currently the registered keeper (but not the owner) and they for some reason object I will have lost money. I will have a receipt for my purchase, I am paying by bankers draft, I will have the car with 2 keys and all the documents mentioned above - will this be enough to argue my case if it comes to it?

Can somebody help and offer me some advice ASAP please!!? Thanks.