Slick v Barclaycard

slick132
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Just starting off a new claim to get fees back from BC.

Goes back to 2001 plus one over the 6 years (June 01) which I'll see if I can sneak through.

Off to do a spready ...................

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

BC have replied saying they'll ONLY repay the difference between what I was charged and £12. However, they go on to offer me the full amount of charges anyway. But they won't pay any interest.

I've just found 2 further charges from early 2001 (outside Statute of Limitations).

Do I have to accept their offer without interest or should I proceed with LBA (including the 2 extra charges), then N1 for all charges + s.69 int't.

Can I claim contactual or higher rate of interest, if I can get my head round Advanced Spreddy, and is there a clear guide on this subject.

I know that CCI is now not do-able with bank charges although Noomill was helping someone reclaim more than 8% s.69 int't last week.

Help appreciated.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Based on Sea-sideLady's advice, I am going to accept BC's offer to refund in full and forget the interest, simple and compound.

So that's my Visa Claim over.

Now, on to BC Mastercard!

Slick

If they havnt offered the full amount then you can carry on and file, and go for the interest.

But if you are accepting the full offer, then well done and let us know as soon as you recieve it. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks SSL,

They have offered the full refund of £124 which I'm accepting. I won't bother with the Statute Barred charges of £30.

Thanks for your input.

Slick

Hi Noomill,

It was actually YOU I thought of about CI after we met on Libellule's thread on Barclays forum and she was in urgent need.

My problems:-

1. Just printed off acceptance ltr to BC (not really a prob).

2. I've looked at advance spreddy for CCards and can't make the damned thing work for me.

Should I use the Compound Int't Calc'r by E G Arghyrakis & Co - Compound interest calculator - which you posted.

If you can point me in the right direction, or offer advice, I'll happily reconsider.

I did not ask for CI when I sent my Prelim to BC and Sesidelady suggests I may have probs in Court if they say they offered to refund my chgs in full.

Thanks for putting this fly in my ointment! LOL:p

Slick

Hi Noomill060

What rate did you use for the below calc? I just want to saniity check my own calcs. I am at the same stage as Slick with this one although I claimed 27.9% from prelim on and was offered a goodwill gesture equal to the charges element.

A £12 charge on 03/10/01 has now cost you £39.89.

You can claim it ALL back.

Oh, I see you are just at the prelim stage.

Just send them another prelim letter, thanking them for the offer they made (which you will accept as part payment only), but you will be requiring the return of all money unlawfully debited to your account, including interest.

Noomill,

Thanks for that BUT what device should I use to calc the int't please.

Slick