Standing Order Charge - Can NW do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have had an unusual charge the other day on my NatWest account.

I normally get paid on the 15th of the month. Because in September the 15th was saturday then my employer creditted the money to my account on Friday the 14th.

I have a standing order for £600 to pay my rent on the 16th of the month. In September this was sunday. I logged onto the online banking on friday evening and the full balance was available more than enough to pay for the standing order. There was a date on the screen detailing 17th september and showing a debit of £600.00 leaving the account on the 17th.

On Saturday I went online and transfered payment out of my current account leaving less than the amount required to cover the £600.00 in my current account. I then on the sunday went back onto the online banking and paid enough to cover the standing order back into the current account to ensure it was paid. On screen (Total balance) this showed as satisfied and I thought nothing of it.

I realised yesterday that the standing order had not been paid so I called the bank they told me that there needed to be enough cleared funds in the account at close of business friday to ensure payment was made on the monday. I asked him to define close of business friday and he told me it was 3:30pm. I told him there was enough cleared at this time and he told me that I should not have taken the money out and put it back in and the £38.00 fine stands!!! I have just checked my online banking and all of the transfers over the weekend in and out of my accound are dated the 17th including the standing order.

I am furious.. if this is the case then why didn't they keep the money from me on friday and not allow me to transfer it away.

Anyone had this before? Can I get the money back verbally?

Thanks

Ian

Typical smoke and mirrors trick. They make up the rules as they go along. Don't bother phoning them. Send them a written request for your penalty charge back.

Adjust this to your requirements http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html and show them you mean business. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.