SLC CCA not signed by them enforceable?

krysus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quite simple..

I have a copy of a CCA from a loan i took out with the Student Loans Co. back in 1994.

SLC have not signed the agreement.

Is this unenforceable?

Did try searching for an answer, but it's like a needle in a haystack!

I have signed it, but the T&C's are on a separate sheet.

Did find a thread covering this... Not signed by either party is "an unexecuted agreement", not "an incorrectly executed agreement" (i.e. incorrect terms, missing terms, etc.) - a small but significant difference apparently.

Still only enforceable by a Court nonetheless.

The agreement is only enforceable by a court, but it will IMO always be enforced by a court as long as the agreement contains all the prescribed terms if only you signed it.

T&C's are not prescribed terms.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 year later...

Have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

I don't have any case law to hand but the Act is fairly clear and judges are extremely likely to favour the creditor on the basis that in all likelyhood you did enter into a credit agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 year later...

I understood that credit cards were not a statutory cancellable agreement but I thought I read somewhere on the forum that s64 applied to any credit card agreement where the creditors include a cancelation clause, thereby making the agreement 'cancellable'.

Maybe I am mistaken but it would certainly not hurt to argue that such an agreement is 'cancellable', for a start the defence may not know the difference between what is and isn't and offer no counterargument.

I'm going to include it anyway and leave it up to the defence to make the point that s64 does not apply.

The main jist of my claim will be that the agreement is improperly executed, and in fact was never executed according to statute, and it is not justified for the Courts to enforce the agreement by looking for a common law solution (which is what the Courts do each and every time they 'enforce' an improperly executed agreement). I think there is a nice quote from Wilson that I can use. re: looking for a common law solution when statute offers none.

• dx100uk changed the title to SLC CCA not signed by them enforceable?